Support VWWC

Thread: Discover Pro firmware updates

Users Country Flag

Discover Pro firmware updates

Was playing around (again) today and got to the service menu where it seems the unit has done several updates without me knowing.

It has this info

Current version MH12_ER_VWG13_P4512_2 (1161)

Underneath that it has several saying

UPDATE USER 2020

This has a date of 2-1-2020 1055 which may have been a time I had my OBDeleven connected.

UPDATE USER 2019

UPDATE USER 2019

UPDATE USER 2018

Anyone have any Idea of whats going on.

Does it hook into the net via my network and just do it
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    I don't have an MQB car but am just wildly speculating here....could it be it's talking about POI updates rather than firmware?
    There is no over the air update for firmware at this point, and dealers will only install an update if pressed (and there's one available) as it's time consuming.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I dont know I can take pics of the screens I guess but its strange as there are several different things it seems to have done and I have never consciously tried to do it.
    I was possibly loading a map at the time to see what would happen if I loaded an existing one over itself in answer to a post on here. I dont use the POI's much so wouldnt notice if they had updated
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan