Support VWWC

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Discover Media retrofit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Never tried.
    But it's in adaptations.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Never tried.
    But it's in adaptations.
    OK, so I have an adaptation dump from 5F over here. Eliminated some of the options, and my guess would be:
    Code:
    5F > adaptations > Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 > menu_crossroad_assistent
    Do you have any idea what to check next if that's not it?
    Last edited by mrfix; 05-10-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Sadly I can not find anything about front camera setup other than in cars with AreaView (4 cameras, 360 view, separate module for image processing). There are three setups: RVC low, RVC high, 360 AreaView. Can't find anything about front+rear camera configuration.

On top of that I can only see one use of the FBAS2 input which is MEDIA-IN / AMI. Connected iPod can stream music videos to MIB with this input.

It would be nice to have OEM front camera input in the device, but as far as I know this is not possible without additional hardware.

Users Country Flag
    Hi All,

Have a friend with a 2008 R36 Wagon looking to upgrade from his RCD510, and is about as far from a tech person as they come

After reading through this thread, if they wanted to run a Discover Media unit it sounds like they'd need the following :

DM Unit with harness (i.e like this)
    Newer Revision Gateway (i.e like this)
    BAP to DDP Converter (i.e like this)

To get everything up and running.

Adding a reverse camera seems a little outside the scope of work I've done before, and therefore would be comfortable helping with (having only fitted one of these to my 2011 TDI Wagon with its RCD340), but it sounds like the same one might work with the Discover Media according to the first post :
    If you don't already have a camera, you can now just use any aftermarket composite camera. Make sure you use a digital delay timer to keep the camera powered for at least 10 seconds after disengaging reverse.
    The above wouldn't have the PDC overlay, but I understand that the factory sensors should still play nice on the PDC only screen?

Apologies if I've missed any answers to the above in previous posts, its been a fair amount of reading
    2004 MK4 R32 - Reflex Silver - KW V3 - AdvanSport V105 - Colour Matched RCN210
    2012 up! 3Door - Tornado Red - More details soon…

If you change gateway to 7n0 you then need to change CCM (copy immo from original) and rewire the steering column electronic steering column lock.
    Best to just leave it at 3c0 and use vcds to code it (can manually enter address 5F even though you can't code the gateway to have it as installed)

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    If you change gateway to 7n0 you then need to change CCM (copy immo from original) and rewire the steering column electronic steering column lock.
    Best to just leave it at 3c0 and use vcds to code it (can manually enter address 5F even though you can't code the gateway to have it as installed)

Oh, so the factory gateway will still work with the Discover Media, the upgrade is just so you can see 5F in VCDS? Also thank you for the lightning reply

**EDIT**

Apologies i missuderstood, 7n0 & 3c0 is in reference to tthe RVC, not the gateway. My friends R36 is without a reverse camera atm, would an aftermarket one like for the RCD330's work with the discover media?
    Last edited by greyhamism; 06-11-2021 at 04:43 PM. Reason: missunderstanding

Users Country Flag
    On a related note, where are people sourcing their Discover Media units from?
    I've linked one from EuroZone Tuning from the US and after having a chat to them they (obviously) only carry the US models with SiriusXM.

Acording to this post there are two models of the Discover Media, one with DAB and one with SiriusXM.

Trying to nail down a cost estimate for my mate to see if they're happy to pay for the better intergration over a RCD330/340 solution...

No I'm talking about the gateway.
    Leave it as 3c0 unless you want to also change the CCM and elv wiring
    7n0 rvc is a different matter

Users Country Flag
    No I'm talking about the gateway.
    Leave it as 3c0 unless you want to also change the CCM and elv wiring
    7n0 rvc is a different matter

Okay, noted ( and sorry for the assumption).

Updated gateway not strictly required unless you’re willing to fiddle with ccm/immobiliser coding/eeproms and steering column wiring, as address 5F can still be manually addressed via the old gateway.

Users Country Flag

Hi Brains trust - 41 pages of reading later I'm numb but wanted to lay out my scenario and understanding of what I can do to rectify

Firstly, I recently purchased an MY10.5 R36 that already had some of the upgrade work done and most functions work flawlessly but still shows some errors on VCDS scan. Namely:

Address 19: CAN Gateway Labels:. 3C0-907-530-V3.clb
    Part No SW: 3C0 907 530 Q HW: 3C0 907 951
    Component: J533 Gateway H13 0172
    Revision: H13 Serial number: 3620P105190469
    Coding: FDA3FF47524212002003
    Shop #: WSC 05314 000 00000
    VCID: 2F6DA6BBBE1D45F1E8-807A

3 Faults Found:
    01300 - Control Module for Navigation with CD-Rom (J401)
    004 - No Signal/Communication
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100100
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 57
    Mileage: 166921 km
    Time Indication: 0

03272 - Control Module for Audio Interface
    004 - No Signal/Communication
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100100
    Fault Priority: 2

01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
    000 - -
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100000
    Fault Priority: 1

Address 2E: Media Player 3
    Cannot be reached

Address 37: Navigation
    Cannot be reached

Address 56: Radio
    Cannot be reached

Address 77: Telephone
    Cannot be reached

I have not yet attempted any coding (new to this and dont want to go full cowboy on it) so wanted to sound out some opinions first. A quick rundown of what I have and my understanding of what to do is below:

-Composition headunit with DAB + Carplay but NO Nav (5C0035200D). I think this is from an Amarok?

-Gateway appears to be original by the part number. Where is this physically located in the car to check?: Part No SW: 3C0 907 530 Q HW: 3C0 907 951

-New USB connector added in centre console and carplay works fine

-DAB does not work due to 'no aerial present' - did our cars came with a DAB aerial or needs to be added? I would like this functioning

-Clock on headunit does not sync to gauges and I understand will not work without gauges software or hardware update. I can live without it

-Brightness on the headunit is terrible - Is this typical for VW or will something be limiting it? Yes i have gauge lighting roller turned to max and have brightness set to 'very bright' in the menu but its really not great. This is my biggest frustration by far

-My car has reverse camera with moving guides and this works fine (when the sun isn't shining and you can see it)

-I am in the process of retrofitting Dynaudio to the car and note that my headunit powers up with 'sound by dynaudio' on the screen already. Do I still need to code dynaudio in?

-I have the 10% volume = max volume issue also but this doesnt bother me

Looking forward to your feedback and ideas - I'm sure i've missed something but just getting my head around everything before working out if a new gateway is necessary and I start deleting things from the code. Many thanks!

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast