Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Discover Media retrofit

Users Country Flag

Thanks, but i don't see this module in the installation list of my can gateway

Try to get can Gateway with Hardware version 7N0907530AN.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Kamold,

I have a 2015 Amarok and have located a Discover Media ifrom a 2018 Amarok. As this will have component protection activated, is it worth purchasing to retrofit from the RNS315 or too much hassle? I did speak to a local VW workshop (aftermarket) and asked if they has ODIS and could remove CP, and they confidently said yes, but after reading the thread I'm now not so sure...

Appreciate your help and the info in this thread!

Thanks,
    MCL
    MY11 Tiguan, 147TSI, Pepper Grey, DSG, Panoramic Sunroof, RVC, Bluetooth, MDI...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    If your cluster has software 1xxx then in theory CP can be removed.
    However they can't do fec restore to get any of the functions to work as your vin does not have any licenses associated with it.
    You need to hack the unit to allow it to be used in your car.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Hello guys,
    Not long ago i have retrofited a hacked MIB2 PQ to my 2012 Golf 6, it was working perfectly I have the original canbus 7N0 907 530 H, in which i cannot select in the installation list the 5f module, but anyhow if i search in VCDS for the 5f i can program it. Now i have read a lot about the RVC, and by mistake i have bought a GOLF 7 HIGHLINE rvc, i managed to connect everithing and the camera pops up when i put in reverse, but does not show any imagin on the radios display, so my question is, there is anyway to make it work?? Or there is anyway to make a highline work as lowline??

My second question is, because i saw that this mib unit has 2 FBAS inputs, is there a way to connect also also a second camera an maybe put it on the front??

You need to correctly code the MIB, gateway and PDC module for RVC.
    Yes you can use the other FBAS input for front camera.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Ok, i do not have the PDC, so one thing to code less, i tried to code it like lowline RVC ( enabling just in the 5f module the RVC) but does not show any imagine. Then i tried to code it like a highline, so enabling the 6c in the gateway ( but when the 6c was enabled, i where not able to connect to it via VCDS, is telling me that this moduel is not reachable ( or does not exist) i have also enabled the adaptation functions in the 5f moduel : Car_Funktion_List_BAP_Gen2_VPS_0x0B Switch to activated

Car_Funktion_List_BAP_Gen2_VPS_0x0B_msg_bus dial terminal 15.
    (obviously when i was coding it like highline i was disabling the lowline coding and vice versa)
    Any ideas whats wrong with it???
    For the front camera in the FBAS2 imput, which would be the cooding for the 5f module?? And how could then i switch between the 2 cameras??

RVC low without PDC will work, but you will get a park pilot fault on the screen that you have to close as far as I know.
    Do not enable VPS or 6C high module.
    Just byte 19 enable RVC low.
    Disable park assist in adaptations.
    Front camera would need to be enabled in adaptations, then would show on the RVC screen (although I have never tried to install this).

Discover Media retrofit-160929899_847214559163188_120814435888953709_n-jpg
    i turn off the radio shows the clock and also the date and date is wrong how to set or how do I activate the date and time settings?
    thank you so much for the advice.
    Last edited by mirek22; 16-03-2021 at 05:31 AM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    RVC low without PDC will work, but you will get a park pilot fault on the screen that you have to close as far as I know.
    Do not enable VPS or 6C high module.
    Just byte 19 enable RVC low.
    Disable park assist in adaptations.
    Front camera would need to be enabled in adaptations, then would show on the RVC screen (although I have never tried to install this).
    OK i tried everithing, and discovered that an GOLF MK7 higline camera is not compatible with the MIB2 PQ, for that i have bought the 7N0907441B module (from a scarped passat CC 2016) i also bought the CAN Gateway from the same car, part. nr. 7N0907530BL.
    I read at the begginig of this post that you have bought the wiring harness for the 7n0907441B module from a TIGUAN, but how did you connect it??? Because the Tiguan does not have the Pop-up camera in the hach, but it has only a Static mounted camera. But in the GOLF MK6 the camera is the pop-up one. Thanks in advance for your help

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast