Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Discover Media retrofit

Just to understand.. Only the RVC Highline version with dynamics guidelines needs the PDC module?
    Or all rear cameras like the Lowline (Connected directly to the MIB on the blue connector with only bit 4 in BYTE 19 active) needs this module?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Without PDC you need to disable PDC in MIB adaptations, but it will still give you a fault 'Park pilot unavailable' after using the RVC.
    But it will work.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

PDC and other parking assist settings were already disabled in adaptation.
    Today I solved the problem by disconnecting the CAN connector of the rear camera and now it works immediately!
    Before, with the CAN connector connected, the rear view camera only started working after 5 minutes of turning on the ignition.

I don't have any guidelines for now, not even the static ones.

Out of curiosity, if I buy a PDC module, and connect it to the CAN cables (perhaps in a more convenient place than the gateway) and to the power supply, without installing the sensors and button, could I get the guidelines working?
    What module would you recommend for this? Just to make the rear view camera work with the guidelines. Is a 1K8 needed or is any module okay?
    Last edited by Lele; 25-10-2020 at 06:10 AM.

Hello Kamold,

I have tried flashing my gateway from AN to BL, using VCP + "7N0907530BL_1682.sgo" firmware :

Gateway List > Gateway > Flasher..

When I click on "Flash", I get the following message : "Warning ! Flash file is incompatible with ECU Number. Do you want to continue ?"

VCP shows in "Flash info" :
    ECU online 7N0907530AN
    Version 1670
    Amount of modules 4

Here are the informations concerning my CAN Gateway :

Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533) Labels:. 7N0-907-530-V2.clb
    Part No SW: 7N0 907 530 AN HW: 7N0 907 530 AN
    Component: J533 Gateway H56 1642
    Revision: H56 Serial number: xxxxxxxxxxx
    Coding: 461006

My car is a PASSAT B7 TDI 2.0 (2011).
    EDC type is EDC16U31/U34

After searching, SGO files are not compatible with UDS EDC.

Where could I find a valid BL firmware for VCP flashing ?

Thank you.
    Last edited by hector2001; 07-11-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Vcp can flash sgo files.
    It should be able to update gateway.
    It's just warning you that you need to check the part is compatible

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

I started flashing my CAN gateway, ignoring the message "Warning ! Flash file is incompatible with ECU Number. Do you want to continue ?". That message was not that confident at first time !

The flashing process took about 20~30min, and I have connected a battery charger for the car and computer was also connected to a charger.

I finally got BL firmware flashed successfully.

However, I had to recode Battery Regul. as coding has been lost for some reason.

For people who need to upgrade can gateway I do recommand to make a full scan using VCDS and save the results.

This will be very useful to compare coding values before and after can gateway firmware upgrade, and fix codings if necessary.

Thanks.

Hi Kamold, I've been trying to search for days, but the information is few and often conflicting.
    Where can I get the canbus signal from?
    Connecting to the gateway pins is almost impossible, on Golf 6 the connector is too short and stays too deep inside the dashboard. Are there other more comfortable places?

I found a PDC module 1K8 919 472 and from the T26 connector I got (I hope they are correct):
    Pin 14 - Terminal 15 (black/red)
    Pin 23 - CAN L (orange/brown)
    Pin 24 - CAN H (orange/blue)
    Pin 13 - Ground (brown)

Now I would like to try to install it, but I can't find a way to connect to the CAN H and CAN L line.

If you plug in a PDC module with no sensors, it will just fault and display 'Park Pilot unavailable' message on the MIB.
    Either install it fully with sensors, or not at all.

Users Country Flag
    Hello! I have a issue with the canbus gateway. I upgraded my old gateway (T termination) to a newer - BE model, and while I gained access to the 5F module, I lost access to the 4F module that controls the sunroof of my Sharan 2013. Thoughts? Thanks!

4F is a 'virtual' module and part of the gateway.
    Check your coding and adaptations.

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast