Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Discover Media retrofit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Your bad clone of VCDS is the problem, not the gateway in terms of being able to communicate with it.
    Clock won't be correct because the instrument cluster software is too old. Only solution is install a newer cluster (this involves immobilizer matching).

For park assist you need to disable RVC low in byte 19 of 5F coding, and also disable in adaptations:
    ENG122229-ENG117710-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-parking_assist_0x0A -> not active
    ENG122227-ENG117496-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc -> not active
    ENG122227-ENG117498-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc_over_threshold_high -> not active
    ENG122228-ENG117685-Car_Function_List_CAN_Gen2-PDC_audio_lowering -> not available
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

@kamold thanks for your reply!
    Yes, I use an old version of VCDS, bought years ago to activate the led rear lights.So also with this Gateway it is possible to access the address 5F?

At this point I have two options:
    1- Buy a new VCDS or ask someone to do it for me.
    2- Leave the RVC option active on the MIB and purchase this kit: RVC OBD Dynamic

Right?

As for the clock, I think replacing the instrument cluster is not easy, and I don't know how to match it with the immobilizer.
    Out of curiosity, which instruments cluster is needed to work with the mib?

The slight "pop" I hear from the woofers when I get into the car, from what can be caused?
    Last edited by Lele; 18-09-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Yes you can use the OBD Dynamic camera they work well.
    A proper VCDS cable will be able to code address 5F without replacing the gateway with 7N0 version.
    Instrument cluster software needs to be I think 04xx or above.
    The pop normally should only be heard when you connect diagnostics to 5F. Maybe the speaker coding is not correct.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks for your help! Last question, if I replace the Gateway with the new version 7N0907530BC, can I access the 5F module also with my old VCDS? Or support to 5F was introduced with the latest versions VCDS?

I think you'll need a newer VCDS to be able to access address 5F.
    However I can't say with any authority as I have only used genuine

Users Country Flag
    ^^^ @Kamold: hmmmm.......... old VCDS instead of OBD2 version, clone VCDS instead of genuine VCDS and hacked hex5F module instead of FAZIT enabled retrofit!!

OP has certainly made lots of $ savings! Alas there must be a cost for all these benefits - I share your concerns!!

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Proper CP matched PQ Discover Media is quite involved and difficult.
    I have mine done but it's more as an academic exercise and for completeness.
    Wouldn't recommend it when there are easier and cheaper ways to do it.
    Either hardware or software patch.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Dear Kamold

I have a 2011 Golf MK6 TDI with factory Dynaudio, RNS510 Dab .Reverse camera , Colour MFD and park assist .

is it possible to fit a Discover Media in my car with all the features above working correctly ? I am in the UK and see a lot of units on Ebay but unsure it they will work with my car and which model to go for .

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by scaper28 View Post
    Dear Kamold

I have a 2011 Golf MK6 TDI with factory Dynaudio, RNS510 Dab .Reverse camera , Colour MFD and park assist .

is it possible to fit a Discover Media in my car with all the features above working correctly ? I am in the UK and see a lot of units on Ebay but unsure it they will work with my car and which model to go for .

Regards
    Yes you can.
    Send me a PM I can put you in touch with someone in the UK who can assist you.

Users Country Flag

Thank you , I have sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Yes you can.
    Send me a PM I can put you in touch with someone in the UK who can assist you.

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast