05 E Golf
    06 R Line
    07 Golf R
    08 AllTrack
    09 GTE
    0C FAMILY
    0F Welcome to SKODA
    10 beats audio

Dynaudio coding needs to have byte 11 set to 05.
    Also adaptation channel for amplifier set to active, with messagebus set to infotainment canbus.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jmd View Post
    Byte 18 has no tick boxes on my vcds so I cannot set the start up image to code 00. It now shows rline, and my golf is highline. Maybe I’ll figure that out later. First thing now is holiday and testing.
    It doesn't matter if "Byte 18 has no tick boxes" -you don't need access to the long code helper screens on VCDS to make changes to Byte 18.

Here's a picture of the appropriate VCDS screen (taken from Ross-Tech's on-line manual) for a typical UDS module - as are fitted to mk7s. Take no notice of any of the actual values in the picture - they won't apply to your hex5F module.

Instead of selecting Long Coding Helper - simply copy the value on your car in the Current coding box to the clip board on your laptop
    Then paste this value into the New coding box.
    Then Carefully count 18 x 2 =36 digits from the left-side to get to Byte 18. The next 2 x digits (i.e. 37th & 38th digits from the left side) are Byte 18 because the initial pair are Byte 0.

If your car is showing r-line and using Kamold's post - your Byte 18 should show the digits "06"
    There isn't a specific highline in Kamold's post -but select a suitable car option and carefully change 06 to "00" if you want, or to "04", say - for Bluemotion.
    Then press Do It!

Quote Originally Posted by jmd View Post
    First thing now is holiday and testing.
    What are "holidays"? Down here in Victoria they have been deleted from our memories!!!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 27-07-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Hi kamold,
    Quick question, can I install a highline rvc in a Jetta mk6 with discover media? or no parameter exists and it will be waste of time and money?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleXDeezy View Post
    Hi kamold,
    Quick question, can I install a highline rvc in a Jetta mk6 with discover media? or no parameter exists and it will be waste of time and money?
    Aftermarket yes you can.
    Much easier than factory and better image quality

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Oh wow, I actually bought the Skoda version of this unit, 5L0035200B, in 2016 to try and get it to work in my Mk2 Octavia RS but gave up and ended up buying a Mk3. It tripped its CP and I've forgotten about it since but I recently found it in a cupboard. Is it worth selling?
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by readerr0r View Post
    Oh wow, I actually bought the Skoda version of this unit, 5L0035200B, in 2016 to try and get it to work in my Mk2 Octavia RS but gave up and ended up buying a Mk3. It tripped its CP and I've forgotten about it since but I recently found it in a cupboard. Is it worth selling?
    Sure I can sort it for you so to can sell it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Geez i'd love to do this in my Mk6 R.........seems like a bit of a mine field though.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by willsy01 View Post
    Geez i'd love to do this in my Mk6 R.........seems like a bit of a mine field though.
    100% not a minefield if you contact Kamold - he can sort everything for you in a timely fashion.

You'll be up and running in no time!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by willsy01 View Post
    I second @Adrian_R's suggestion. Kamold installed one in my Tiguan and it was pretty easy and well worth the upgrade.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Hi Kamold.
    I have a 2007 R32 would like to Add the mob and a reversing camera. Would this be possible?
    Would you be able to supply the parts and instructions?
    I am quite happy to pay! Also I’m in the UK. I don’t know if this changes anything?
    Thanks Damian

Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast