Support VWWC

Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Discover Media retrofit

Looks like there's a technosat YD7 for sale at $270 in Brisbane on facebook. I believe these are hackable with some hardware mod?
    132TSI Tiguan Allspace

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Passat rdi View Post
    Hello I have a question about the discovery media pq 5c0035680D. My unit is complete unlocked with also all fec, swap codes. I have also the performance sport hmi display but it,s doesn't work properly. I have set all Adaptions but there,s no info in the screen. Does anybody have a working performance menu in his discover media pq?

Kind regards passat rdi
    No you can't (as far as I've seen) get this function to work. It's an MQB feature. The only reason you have the adaptation options there is because the software is the same. Doesn't mean it will work.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Oké the strange thing is that the offroad menu the think blue trainer and parkpilot menu works fine also the drivingschool functie and mfa info works. Vehicle menu and performance doesn't work. I have update my gateway bc to bl but there is no change. The 3aa A bcm to R.
    I think the menu,s are missing som puls.

Quote Originally Posted by Passat rdi View Post
    Oké the strange thing is that the offroad menu the think blue trainer and parkpilot menu works fine also the drivingschool functie and mfa info works. Vehicle menu and performance doesn't work. I have update my gateway bc to bl but there is no change. The 3aa A bcm to R.
    I think the menu,s are missing som puls.
    Performance monitor requires a swap code in mqb.
    I don't believe such a thing exists for pq.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

This looks fantastic and a massive upgrade on RNS510.

Are you still able to kindly point to where I can get all the necessary parts to have this working?

I've got a 2008 MKV GTI, no RVC, no parking sensors

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    If you have original camera I'm guessing you are using an RGBS to CVBS converter? They can be a bit hit and miss. You can replace the camera with a cheap aftermarket composite camera and go straight into the Discover media and get a better picture.
    Hello ,
    I reuse the original VW low camera with an RGB / CVBS « aliexpress « converter.
    As you told somewhere in this thread I connect the « detect » wire to 12V and now I have the rear image on the DM.
    But a really very bad image , moving up and down etc..
    What is faulty ?
    The adapter ?
    NTSC/PAL option to change in Rear camera module ?
    —> But another strange thing : VCDS can’t access to module 6C « rear camera « .
    What can I do to recover access to it ?
    thanks
    Regards

RVC low has no 6C control module.
    The converters are pretty poor quality.
    Your best bet is to replace the RGBS camera with a CVBS camera. Then no converters involved.

Ok, can i reuse the existing wire , plug the new composite cam and "rearange" the cable for the new camera or do i need to do a complete new wiring ?
    Can you advise me a camera that's fit for Touran 2013. There is so much model , sometimes one detail make the product incompatible.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Fwi98; 27-04-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    RVC low has no 6C control module.
    The converters are pretty poor quality.
    Your best bet is to replace the RGBS camera with a CVBS camera. Then no converters involved.
    I found this one , is it ok ?

€ 14,10 23% Off | CCD HD Car Reverse Cam Trunk Handle Car Parking Rear View Camera Case for Audi/VW/Passat/Tiguan/Golf/Touran/Jetta/Sharan/Touareg
    CCD HD Car Reverse Cam Trunk Handle Car Parking Rear View Camera Case for Audi/VW/Passat/Tiguan/Golf/Touran/Jetta/Sharan/Touareg - AliExpress

You can get good aftermarket cameras with proper dynamic guidelines from steering angle data.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast