Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Discover Media retrofit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

To get all the wiring diagrams you need sign up for 1 hour access on Erwin.de and you can print them off.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Hey @Kamold I have a 2013 Scirocco, I've been reading through all of this and wondering if I was tomorrow to go and retrofit one
    1. Do you have a recommendation of where to buy from?
    2. What part/s do I need to make it an easier swap and ensure HUD, reverse sensors + wheel controls all work? Any conversion kits out there?
    3. What recommendations to get it for unlocked / updated with maps etc
    4. Is there any place in Sydney you can recommend that can do it all?

Users Country Flag
    Just wondering if anyone has found a way to get wireless CarPlay working with this retrofit? Does something like the CPLAY2air (https://carplay2air.com) product actually work? Are there any cheaper options?
    MY12 Golf R | 5 Dr | Deep Black | DSG | Discover Media retrofit | RVC retrofit | DYNAUDIO

There will be multiple products in the market in the next few months I would think.
    But cheap and good are often mutually exclusive.
    Expect good products to work seemlessly or at worst have software updates to fix issues.
    Cheap ones will be buggy and annoying.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag

Cool

Just popping in to say another huge thanks to kamold for sorting me out with my Discover Media retrofit, it's an awesome unit!

Below is a pic of where I've mounted the USB socket, I don't have MDI so I was able to use the obsolete AUX socket location inside the console box. Just had to enlarge the hole to the size of the larger USB socket and run the wiring.

Discover Media retrofit-dm-jpg Discover Media retrofit-dm2-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Adrian, what did you need to do to get this working? I'm thinking of replacing the RNS510 in the Amarok with this.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Hi all,
    I'm from France, I have a 2010 Eos 2.0 TDI 140 DSG GT Sport.
    I replaced my RNS510 with a Discover Media (PQ), with Carplay unlocked.
    I put a wiring adapter and changed the gateway for a 7N0 907 530 BC/AN. I also did the 5F coding with VCDS.
    The only issue I have it that the clock stays at 0:00 and I don't have a submenu "date and time" in the settings of the DM2.
    I'm wondering if it's a firmware issue or if the issue is somewhere else.
    Would someone know how to solve the issue?
    Thanks a lot,
    Laurent

The time comes from the instrument cluster.
    The only fix for this that I am aware of is to upgrade the cluster to a new version with software 4xx or above.

Thanks a lot for the quick answer!
    Does it mean that the cluster has to be replaced or can it be flashed to update the firmware?

Some clusters can be upgraded, but it's not something that I'm very very knowledgeable about

Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast