Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: Discover Media retrofit

That worked thanks kamold
    the 2022 map was v17.
    GTI | MY08 | Blue Graphite | DSG | Leather | Bi-Xenon | RNS510 |

Users Country Flag
    has anybody replaced their digitizer screen on your headunit for not being as responsive to touch?
    only asking as i've got two types for mine (clear and smoked one as they were cheap on aliexpress) and don't know which one to use to have less glare...

thanks

Users Country Flag
    what's everyone using for wireless adaptor with these MIB2 pq discovery units??? instead of having the cable plugged to your phone everytime one wants to use carplay

links, prices as well as performance about them much appreciated.

Users Country Flag
    Hey there you gurus,

In the spring I will install a Mib STD2 PQ +nav in my ’13 golf R and I have a question for the guru’s on this site. My car did not come originally with rear view camera, so how hard is it to install one??

I know that I’ll have to get a new rear emblem flip up mechanism with a camera built in, but what else is needed?? Obviously I’ll need the wiring to go from the camera to the front head unit, but what else?? Do I need any sensors or additional wiring as my car did NOT come with a RVC from the factory, possibly a new BL or BC gateway…etc, etc….

Also I wouldn’t mind getting the HIGH RES one with the moving yellow lines when the steering wheel is turned….SO IS IT A LOT OF WORK to get that accomplished??

and will one from a newer gti (2015-2019) work on my platform and with the MIB2 radio by any chance??? one that has part # 5gm 827 469 J

if NOT which one should i buy??

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by RBmk6R; 02-03-2024 at 05:31 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    'How hard' is a very relative question...it's straight forward and well understood. If you're handy with tools including wiring and coding with VCDS/OBD11 then it's a straight forward retrofit.
    Need to remove trim for the boot, along the sills and then up behind the dash to get to behind the head unit as well as power and ground, and trigger to reverse light.
    You can use factory lowline flip badge 2GD camera from T-Roc which will give you static image.

If you want dynamic (moving guidelines) then your best bet is an aftermarket canbus flip badge camera.

You can't use an MQB highline camera unfortunately. They use different CAN messaging.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    'How hard' is a very relative question...it's straight forward and well understood. If you're handy with tools including wiring and coding with VCDS/OBD11 then it's a straight forward retrofit.
    Need to remove trim for the boot, along the sills and then up behind the dash to get to behind the head unit as well as power and ground, and trigger to reverse light.
    You can use factory lowline flip badge 2GD camera from T-Roc which will give you static image.

If you want dynamic (moving guidelines) then your best bet is an aftermarket canbus flip badge camera.

You can't use an MQB highline camera unfortunately. They use different CAN messaging.

thank you for the reply and for the good info you provided.
    you mentioned i could use a low line camera; do you know by any chance the part # of that camera/badge assembly??

also would something like this work by any chance??

Flip badge camera Dynamic parking line Golf6/7 GTI Polo EOS Beetle PassatCC RCD330 plus | RCD330 Plus | RCD340G

thanks again in advance

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    That's an aftermarket one, yes will work.

OEM lowline is 2GD 827 469 B
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    That's an aftermarket one, yes will work.

OEM lowline is 2GD 827 469 B
    thank you

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546