Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Discover Media retrofit

Users Country Flag

In addition to the above, I tested with the original RNS-315 that came with the vehicle and the clock sync’s as expected.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by hector2001 View Post
    Hello Kamold,

I have installed a lowline RVC camera, a very basic model, and it works with no issue with MIB STD2 PQ.
    (my car is a Passat B7).

Then, I installed a Highline RVC and connected it to my MIB STD2 PQ car radio.
    The 6C module (RVC highline) does not respond , and I get this fault from 5F module :

7179 - Function Restricted due to Missing Message(s)
    U1111 00 [009] - -
    [New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]
    Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00000001
    Fault Priority: 6
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 39
    Mileage: 346406 km
    Date: 2003.14.14
    Time: 04:01:07

Voltage terminal 30: 11.6 V
    BAP-BAP_Function_ID: 02

Kamold, could you please confirm that the LowLine RVC "2GD 827 469 B" is compatible with MID STD2 PQ, without additional hardware such as the RVC module ?

Any lowline RVC will be compatible with MIB STD2 PQ ?

Thank you
    You can't use a highline MQB camera. If you want highline you need to use a 7N0 Sharan/Tiguan module and 8v camera.

Otherwise lowline MQB camera is fine.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by mcl View Post
    Hi MIG,

Is it possible that the firmware in the cluster becomes corrupted to cause this clock fault?

I installed a composition media in my 2015 Amarok, it worked flawlessly until a couple of weeks ago when the clock sync issue surfaced.

It’s very curious, as reading the CAN signals sent to the headunit shows that it is receiving the correct time from the cluster.

I’ve read that people advise that the firmware needs to be updated, but I’m not sure how this would resolve the issue in my case.

Cheers,
    MCL
    You need to change a single byte in the cluster eeprom: at address 0x22 set to 0x00. Then reboot MIB.
    Time should then be read OK.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Hi Kamold,

i just installed my MIB2 Pq std2 discovery media and i absolutely love it; way better then the slow RNS510 i had.
    i purchased it from a fella that had a 2017 tiguan when he upgraded to a different unit.
    long story short, i had someone set it all up for my car (2013 golf r with dynaudio sound), he removed the CP, wire harness, installed apple carplay, android auto, latetst firmware....etc

all works good, including michrophone...etc

the only issue i have is that i think he enabled the RVC (which currently i dont have, but i plan to buy a low res in the near future) and when i put the car in reverse i get the black screen as you should if you had a RVC.

HOW do i go about disabling that??? i have vagcom and could do that, but i'm not that tech savy with it and need some detailed info how to do it.

and then at a later date when i get a RVC i will probably need to enable back again

thanks in advance.

Byte 19 coding in 5f infotainment. Just turn off RVC low.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Byte 19 coding in 5f infotainment. Just turn off RVC low.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
    how do i get to the 5F infotainment part?? im a bit of a newbie when it comes to vagcom

Users Country Flag
    @RBmk6R: I suspect @kamold is busy pursuing other stuff (we should allow him a personal life outside the forum- I guess!! ).

Anyway, with my apology if I'm stealing his thunder - do this:
    1. Fire-up VCDS software, plug-in the dongle to the car's OBD port and connect to the laptop
    2. On the Main screen -click Select under Select Control Module
    3. Select 5F-Information Electr. module
    4. Click-on Coding - 07
    5. Click-on Long Coding Helper
    6. Use the UP/Down button to navigate to Byte 19. If you are using older VCDS software, click-on successive entries to the right on line 3) on the screen in Step 7. until Byte 19 shows
    7. Remove tick from Bit 4 on the screen below
    8. Press "X" at the extreme upper RHS of the screen - this should return to the screen in Step 5.
    9. The New coding box on the screen in Step 5. should be populated with the new long-code string
    10. Press Do it! and follow prompts to implement change
    11. Exit VCDS software

Don
    Last edited by DV52; Yesterday at 03:29 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Thanks for the reply Don.
    In this case I suspect that 5f is not enabled in the gateway, as it won't support that CAN address.
    So at step 3. you'll need to manually enter the address 5F in the box at bottom left.
    Then the rest of the instructions apply.
    Last edited by kamold; Today at 07:56 AM.

Users Country Flag
    awesome thank you Don.
    much appreciated.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Thanks for the reply Don.
    In this case I suspect that 5f is not enabled in the gateway, as it won't support that CAN address.
    So at step 3. you'll need to manuall enter the address 5F in the box at bottom left.
    Then the rest of the instructions apply.
    Thank you as well Kamold for clarifying that as well.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647