Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: Discover Media retrofit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yes factory mic from RNS510 days.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by awef_spb View Post
    found only this info
    DynAdio menu works with 3AA035466B Multivan software | parameterization
    I looked into the 3AA035466B amp and it seems to identify as "KonzernAmp12K", which would mean it has 12 channels. However, I cant find a single wiring diagram that actually shows that there are 12 speakers connected to it. Could anyone enlighten me?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Make sure voice enhancer is turned off.
    I have Dynaudio and don't have any echo issues.
    I read in this thread that you were keeping kits available for retrofit. Do you still keep these?

I just purchased a 2011 118TSI Passat & the bluetooth unit isnt working. I want to do a full upgrade anyway to the Discover Media system.

Users Country Flag
    Yes factory mic from RNS510 days.
    Switching the mic to a 3BD 035 711 looks to have mostly solved the issue, it echos at the beginning of a call for 1 - 2s, then no more for the rest of the call.

It might be some weird AGC kicking in or something.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Gateway
    Needs to be a 7N0 series, minimum revision of BC.
    In my case I used a 7N0907530AN (upgraded to BL software 1682 as long as hardware is 056)
    Nice post. Very informative.
    I hoping you can help me with the following:

I am looking to upgrade the Gateway in my 2006 Mk 5 Jetta to the above Gateway version.
    This I assume is required to run the 7N0907441B highline controller (which is my ultimate goal).

I have upgraded my Gateway a few times now by just swapping the module out and re-programming with VCDS.
    I currently have a SW: 1K0 907 530 S (HW: 1K0 907 951) installed however I do happen to have a 7N0 097 530AS (HW: 7N0 097 530AN S1653 HH56) just lying around at home.

Firstly will the 7N0 097 530AS work in my car? (not game enough to just try without asking first)
    My main concern it that the 7N0 version will screw up stuff like my parking sensors.

Secondly, how does one upgrade to BC or BL? Hopefully it can be done via VCDS.

Look forward to a reply when you get a chance.

Hi Kamold,

Regarding my above post, I just had a look around in the Mk5 Golf & Jetta forum and it seems the 7N0 gateway will work (you helped out in the "CAN Gateway Upgrade - Now nothing works!" thread).

So the only question remaining is "How does one upgrade the software to BC or BL? (with out changing to another module)"

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    A BC (HH56) gateway can be upgraded to BL or BR via VCP or ODIS.
    VCDS can't upgrade module firmware.

Older gateways can be upgraded after having the SPI EEPROM replaced with a larger unit.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    A BC (HH56) gateway can be upgraded to BL or BR via VCP or ODIS.
    Thanks for this info.

Is this something a VAG workshop can do?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Silva-Jetta View Post
    Is this something a VAG workshop can do?
    Places that deal with retrofitting will generally have better facilities to update modules; you could call around, but it might cost a bit for a shop to do it.

Hello,

After upgrading my Discover Media firmware from 369 to 478, the "Back" button (top right on the screen) does not respond anymore.
    I have to use buttons (Menu, Phone, Nav, etc.) to exit from any current menu.
    Except this, everything is working fine.
    Does anyone has the same issue ? Any fix ?

Thanks

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast