Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Discover Media retrofit

I received the RVC kit today, in the next few days, when I will have the roof fabric replaced (everything is unglued), I will install it and let you know.
    I wanted to ask one thing, is it possible to add the DAB antenna on a Golf MK6 that has the normal FM antenna? I speak of a cleaner solution possible, not those horrible antennas to be bonded to the glass.
    I tried a splitter that promises to use the original antenna to receive DAB, but the signal is too weak and intermittent. My area has very good DAB coverage, so the splitter won't do its job...

Hello,

What tool can be used to upgrade software version of the 7N0 gateway ?

Is there any offline tool ?

Thanks

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by hector2001 View Post
    Hello,

What tool can be used to upgrade software version of the 7N0 gateway ?

Is there any offline tool ?

Thanks
    Odis Engineering or VCP
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Shall I buy a VCP cable or can I use my hex2 VCDS cable with VCP ?

Thanks.

Vcds cannot and will not be able to flash modules.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

I installed the rear camera with flip logo that I linked a few posts ago, but I have problems getting it to work, the screen remains black and shortly after I have an error.
    I am sure it is installed correctly: on the quadlock I have 2 cables for video transmission and 2 connected to the CAN high and low.
    On module 5F I have activated bit 4 in BYTE 19. What other settings do you need in the adaptations?
    I tried to change in Vehicle_configuration-RVC_video_input from FBAS to LVDS and some setting on VPS seems to me, and it worked but without the lowline, so I changed these settings again and now the screen is black when I put the reverse gear.
    What am I doing wrong?

Edit:
    Golf 6 without PDC.
    Gateway: 1K0 907 530 AD
    Last edited by Lele; 17-10-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Some updates...
    I've read a lot about Park Pilot problems, the web is full of them. This happens to many people with factory OEM systems, and it's due to a software bug.

After several days of trying various encodings with the VCDS in 5F ADAPTATION I have had partial success.

In my case, activating only BIT 4 in BYTE 19 has no effect (black screen).
    But if in the 5F module:
    I left BIT 4 active in BYTE 19
    CAR FUNCION LIST BAP GEN2-VPS ---- not activated
    CAR FUNCION LIST GEN2 - VPS msg bus --- Comfort data bus
    I get this:
    Discover Media retrofit-rvc_golf6-jpg
    For now, the guidelines have appeared only once (during the day) and have remained static.

Unfortunately there is another problem, I noticed that the video does not work immediately, but it only works if the instrument cluster has been on for more than 5-10 minutes.
    If I remove the key and turn it back on, then it doesn't work anymore and I have to wait again.
    I have checked the cables several times and I am sure they are properly connected to the quadlock.

Now I tried tomake this change:
    CAR FUNCION LIST BAP GEN2-VPS ---- active
    CAR FUNCION LIST GEN2 - VPS msg bus --- CAN_MIB
    With CAN_MIB and CAN_HYBRID I don't get any error messages on the display unlike the other settings I tried if I leave VPS on active.
    For now the video does not appear immediately anyway.

I read in this thread that @moda managed to successfully install an RVC kit similar to mine, so...
    at this point my questions are:
    1- Does my MIB have a bug in the software?
    2- The RVC kit is mistaken for the Highline module, but is it a clone and therefore conflicts with the MIB settings?
    3- Is the coding of the 5F module wrong?
    4- A possible conflict with the PDC if it was previously coded?
    5- Is it possible that the kit is faulty? So why does the video appear after a few minutes?

I hope we can find a solution, not just for me, but for all those who have problems with aftermarket rear cameras.

Do you have RVC enabled in PDC coding?
    Gateway should NOT have 6C RVC enabled.

My car was born without PDC and currently I don't have the OPS module installed.
    I tried to add 6C RVC in the Gateway, but I can't log in, so I removed it.

The RVC Highline version only works with the PDC installed right?
    Is it possible that the cause of the problem is because my rear camera is also connected to the Can + and - of the MIB and is confused with the Highline version?

It is strange, however, that you start viewing the video only 5/10 minutes after starting the car.

Mib expects PDC module with rvc as far as I know.
    Can work with just PDC but if you want rvc as well it wants to talk to pdc module or you have faults

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast