Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Discover Media retrofit

Users Country Flag

Yea, I bought one from this place Atop International Holdings Co.,Limited - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress which has dynamic guidelines, it was more expensive (~$250) than the ones without, but its brilliant.
    MY10 Golf Mk6 103TDI DSG Candy White | Revo Stage 1 ECU Tune | 18" Talladegas | GTI Front/Rear/Exhaust | R LED Taillights | GTI Steering Wheel | VW Discover Media | Focal IFVW Front Speakers | Mk7 Climatronic Panel |

I have no more eyeballs left after reading a lot of pages. To get things straight. I’m intending to buy a 5c0035680c discover media for my mk6 golf

I’m going for the simple yes/no answers because maybe I didn’t read the pages good enough and I don’t want to annoy everyone.

My dynaudio amp is from a 2015 scirocco being the:

Address 47: Sound System Labels: 3T0-035-456.clb
    Control Module Part Number: 5C6 035 456 C HW: 5C6 035 456 C
    Component and/or Version: KonzernAmp10K H08 6831

According to kamold: no problem getting into 5f and coding the unit to dynaudio?

I currently don’t own a RVC, but if I do want one I have to swap the pdc module if I want RVC image combined with OPS. Current module:

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446) Labels: 3C8-919-475.clb
    Part No SW: 5K0 919 475 E HW: 5K0 919 475 E
    Component: PARKHILFE 8K H01 0012

I don’t exactly know if my gateway is oké. Revision BC I read, but is C a subrevision of B and is my 7N0907530C a higher revision and therefor good enough? (What if I decide not to swap)

And last but not least. My instrument cluster is from a 2016 mk6 golf R cabrio. It is color and sort of 3D. I’ll post that number later today. Unfortunately we are in different timezones. Where do I find a canfilter quadlock cable.

Forgot 1 thing. Mdi isn’t compatible so what usb cable do I need, I personally don’t like Ali for looking up things. It’s an annoying site.

Sorry if there is a lot that’s already been answered.

Gr. Jos

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yes you can code correctly for Dynaudio amplifier.
    Your gateway is fine.

Is your Discover Media already hardware or software patched?
    If it is software patched there is no need for a CANbus filter.
    If it is hardware patched it will need one.
    USB cable you need a proper VW one that has 12v to 5v transformer to allow App Connect to work (same part as MQB) for example:
    [url=https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VW-Kabel-AUX-IN-und-USB-Carplay-fur-MIB-Radio-und-Navi-5G0035222E-1-5m-Cable/174332591078[/url]
    Last edited by kamold; 15-07-2020 at 06:48 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thank you for responding. I find your enthusiasm quite inspiring considering there are questions that are being asked multiple times ( bring it in different form )

What do you mean bij patched. The unit is completed cp free and every function is available.

Your link fails.
    Edit: link works fine for some reason now. Maybe my phone was the problem.
    Last edited by jmd; 15-07-2020 at 07:50 PM.

The current method for activation is with a software only patch.
    The hardware patch which I have used in the past is now not neccessary.
    So if you unit is unopened, it will have been patched via software only and therefor doesn't require a CAN filter.
    Last edited by kamold; 16-07-2020 at 07:57 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Okay I got that part covered then. Now I'll wait until everything is my hands and I'll update when it is hopefully working. Thanks for now.

The guy send me a non DAB version, 5C0 035 680 D and I asked for a C. Long story short, he misunderstood me. He said I needed a G version, I insisted I wanted a C but it turns out after I did some more research a G version is also good but harder to get. So i'm waiting to swap it.

Kamold 2 questions

1.About the soundsystem; why is it that everywhere I find those cables from old to new quadlock, there is a note that it won't work with cars that have the soundsystem? How did you get it to work?

2.Worst case scenario, he did use the hardware patch, what kind of cable with can filter am I looking for, and does it affect the radio in every day use?

Many thanks.

Instrument cluster info:

Address 17: Instruments
    Control Module Part Number: 5K6 920 883 L
    Component and/or Version: KOMBI H03 0704
    Software Coding: 170F01
    Work Shop Code: WSC 01383
    VCID: 408F79F0DB1A094A95-8014
    Last edited by jmd; 19-07-2020 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Added info for instrument cluster

Quote Originally Posted by jmd View Post
    The guy send me a non DAB version, 5C0 035 680 D and I asked for a C. Long story short, he misunderstood me. He said I needed a G version, I insisted I wanted a C but it turns out after I did some more research a G version is also good but harder to get. So i'm waiting to swap it.

Kamold 2 questions

1.About the soundsystem; why is it that everywhere I find those cables from old to new quadlock, there is a note that it won't work with cars that have the soundsystem? How did you get it to work?

2.Worst case scenario, he did use the hardware patch, what kind of cable with can filter am I looking for, and does it affect the radio in every day use?

Many thanks.
    Sound system is just coding. Bytes 4-7 and byte 11.
    Then adaptation channel for amplifier.
    If it has a hardware patch then you need a can filter quadlock harness. PM me and I can put you in touch directly with a seller in Europe.

I'm guessing they tell you that because without it, it's no longer plug and play. I'll send a PM if I need the can filter harness.

It’s in the car at the moment. Fiddling with the microphone wires was the most work. I coded it first for Dynaudio and then I did the adaptations. That resulted in max volume which I could not turn down or off, I had to physically remove the quadlock connector in order the shut it up. Still waiting for my usb cable, but the built in navigation works fine for now. It works fast, nice thing with the album art with radio or media. Really pleased with this radio. Byte 18 has no tick boxes on my vcds so I cannot set the start up image to code 00. It now shows rline, and my golf is highline. Maybe I’ll figure that out later. First thing now is holiday and testing.

Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast