Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Discover Media retrofit

Users Country Flag

I'm not sure if this is a suitable place to post, so forgive me if not. I currently have an (MY16) Golf R with the pitiful 6.5" infotainment screen and MIB2 'brains'. As a bit of a refresh, I was looking into retrofitting a newer screen and it appears that you can install the larger 9.2" from the MK7.5's without issue although all I have to confirm this is some semi-responses from people in Facebook groups.

1. Is this even possible?
    2. If so, how do you access functions? The newer screen only has 5~ buttons on the left hand side compared to 8~ish of the older screen. The newer screens seem to have a "home" menu which I'm not sure if this is a function of the MIB2.5 unit or not
    3. If indeed it is still okay, are parts 5G6919606 (LCD) and 5G2819728AHDAR (trim + vents) all I will need?

Thanks everyone! Just looking to make sure I get the right thing before throwing some cash...

Thanks a lot! 😀

Hello,
    I have installed a MIB STD2 PQ in my PASSAT B7, added GPS receiver and microphone.
    Very happy with it ! Sound is nice.
    In VCDS, I get "open circuit" intermitent error for the GPS receiver while navigation works fine.
    Even after deleting this error, it comes back.
    Is there any coding to do in VCDS after adding the GPS antenna ?
    Did not find any information about this after hours of search...
    Thanks.

If it's intermittent, maybe you have a loose connection?

The connexion has no issue.
    The GPS get sat. Fix very quickly and I have no GPS connexion loss during navigation.

After some researches, I noticed other guys have the same issue. This is due to the (very) low budget GPS receiver.
    Will try to find a better one later.
    Last edited by hector2001; 14-02-2020 at 03:19 AM.

Could someone help me please? I have a VW golf mk5 2008 and i bought a composition Media with component protection! could be possible to retrofit ? One gue tried to fix it online but he didn't make it! So far i have changed 3 gateways because he told me! i have seen a few videos on YouTube with this retrofit but i cant understand what is going wrong with my car. If someone could help.....

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    You need someone who can either software unlock it, or remove CP, restore FEC and then install a hardware patch onto the mainboard to prevent CP from enabling again.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Could all those done online with ODIS?? Does also necessary to put a new gateway 7N0907530BC?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yes it needs ODIS online for CP and licenses. Then it needs a patch board installed onto the mainboard.
    No you don't need to install a new gateway. you can still access diagnostics using VCDS by manually entering address 5F.
    If you install a 7N0 gateway you can code it for address 5F so that it appears in the installation list but that's not needed for the unit to function.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Hello I have a question about the discovery media pq 5c0035680D. My unit is complete unlocked with also all fec, swap codes. I have also the performance sport hmi display but it,s doesn't work properly. I have set all Adaptions but there,s no info in the screen. Does anybody have a working performance menu in his discover media pq?

Kind regards passat rdi

Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast