Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Discover Media retrofit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

You can buy Aus maps from the dealer.
    Or you can buy an EU maps sdcard delete the contents and install au maps from the navigation.com website (much cheaper).
    I can source all the parts including patch board and instructions for you.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Or you can buy an EU maps sdcard delete the contents and install au maps from the navigation.com website (much cheaper).

Ah ok cool. Sweet, I'll shoot through a PM, thanks
    MY10 Golf Mk6 103TDI DSG Candy White | Revo Stage 1 ECU Tune | 18" Talladegas | GTI Front/Rear/Exhaust | R LED Taillights | GTI Steering Wheel | VW Discover Media | Focal IFVW Front Speakers | Mk7 Climatronic Panel |

This looks amazing!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post

Could you please PM me information on patch board and instructions?

Thanks!

Hey Kamold, I tried to send a PM, but not sure if they're working or not. Are you able to let me know costing and details for this on a Mk6 R with Dynaudio and OEM reverse camera?

Users Country Flag
    Very good write-up!!!

I recently upgraded my RNS510 to discovery media like yourself and I'm looking to add reversing camera.
    After reading the above I'm not sure if I can get it to work in my B6 2.0tdi...

Would you happen to have EEPROM file from the calibrated controller?

Just discovered this thread. I wouldn't have imagined this would be possible on my 2012 Tiggy but you give me hope! If a bloke like myself was able to purchase all the parts required, would you be interested in installing this? For an appropriate fee of course!

Users Country Flag
    hey just curious how ddid you get viddeo on your unit. I have the same unit as standard audio unit in my scirocco though no DAB

cheers shane
    2016 Scirocco R - 2015 Polo GTi

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by shane_in_oz View Post
    hey just curious how ddid you get viddeo on your unit. I have the same unit as standard audio unit in my scirocco though no DAB

cheers shane
    Do you mean YouTube?
    Download carstream for Android.
    Or you can use mirrorlink.

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag

Oh man, wow. I had assumed this was thoroughly impossible.

To completely put me off this idea, how much do all of the required parts set someone back if they wanted to attempt to replicate your work on their MY10.5 R36. And how much effort is involved in accessing/replacing all the required parts? If you were in Melbourne I'd seriously consider making the trip, Sydney is a bit harder.
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast