Support VWWC

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Collection of POI's

Users Country Flag

My Custom POIs below has moved to Post #245.

Collection of POI's-2016-07-20-03-58-20-jpg
    Last edited by aussietig; 21-07-2016 at 10:50 PM.
    MY11 Tiguan 147TSI (SOLD)

Users Country Flag
    Bummer! I wonder if the guy who writes POInsptect0r knows what the limits are?
    Thanks so much for trying though...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by aussietig View Post
    After an entire afternoon merging my custom POIs with the original V4.1 map's POIs, turns out there must be a limit on the number you can load, as I've lost all POIs on my modified V4.1 map, after I replaced the original POI.db3 file with my one modified one.

My initial test with just a few POIs in my CAMERAS folder definitely worked. But not NOW, with 110+ loaded!

It's a real PITA to determine just what is the magic number of categories to load that won't crash the POI function altogether.

[/COLOR]
    Hmm, I would put only all cameras into the custom POI and maybe 1 or 2 two other categories, the rest isn't that important to driving and could be found using the smartphone or tablet.

Users Country Flag
    Its still a handy function to have. Not everyone (ok well most people do) has a smartphone or knows how to find things with it.
    Being able to navigate to a POI such as a petrol station when you're running low on fuel (and maybe don't have phone reception) or police station, other POI I think is a good feature.

Granted the cameras are the main feature most are interested in but I think its a noble cause nonetheless to get a good database of other POIs established. Just my 2c
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Had another crack at it!

This time, limited my merging of custom POIs with original POIs to just the 'Categories (Alphabetically)' folder and the POI functionality didn't crash and seem to have overcome the limit problem!

So what I've ended up with is all 118 categories still imported into RNS510 as 'PersonalPOI.db3' via SD Card.

And then most of the 118 categories (excluding CAMERAS folder) merged with the original v4.1 map's POIs in the above mentioned folder and re-installed as a modified v4.1 map (named CD_7493 as suggested).

Wasn't entirely according to plan ... but happy nevertheless that my efforts this weekend have paid off!

Have updated post #21 above with new links, if people want this as well!
    Last edited by aussietig; 04-12-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Nice work, I'll definately be using them

Users Country Flag
    THanks to both of you for all your work

If i already have the 4.1 maps installed, and now i want to replace the POI.DB3 with yours aussietig then how do I do it? I modified the ISO and replaced the POI.DB3 with your one and burnt the ISO but the RNS510 doesn't seem to be detecting anything new to install?

Users Country Flag
    Situation:

Version C RNS510; FW2760; Map V4.1

I've downloaded the POI's (linked above) and replaced the .db3 file of the V4.1 map. I've re-burned the the 4.1 contents with the updated POI.db3 file to a new DVD (@ 1 x speed).

Unit fails to fall in love with the new map.

Question:
    Will this process only work with FW 3970??
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Users Country Flag
    Ok ... problem with maps is that unit still recognizes you're still installing the same v4.1 map (CD_7492)
    In other words ... it's not a new map according to the unit and so won't do anything with it.

You actually need to change the disk name to something different (e.g. CD_7493)

Bit of a pain if you don't have POInspect0r.

So quickest way is to load an older map (e.g. V3 or V4 map) onto your unit HDD first.

Then it will recognize your modded V4.1 map.

Another alternative is to just reformat (i.e. delete) the whole HDD partition that the original map is on using this .nrg file (burnt to a disk): https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4H...VY1X2JQeWVrS1E

All your other HDD partition will remain intact (like music). However, remember to enable SW downgrade first via the secret menu, to install this map HDD partition reformat (as it's built under old FW 2720).

That should work!
    Last edited by aussietig; 19-08-2012 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Alternative method posted up

Figured I might as well have a go with this before I go back to work. Currently upgrading from FW 2760 to 3970 or whatever it was that I downloaded from here

Replaced the POI file on the 4.1 map disc ISO file with aussietig's latest one (Post 21, 63mb)

I presume that there won't be any power issues with doing ~2 hours worth of software upgrades on the RNS510 (C unit) without the engine running.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast