Support VWWC

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: BlueTooth related questions (all BT questions go in this thread only)

Users Country Flag

I have a 2010 VW Tiguan, radio model is RCD310
    Looking for advice to add Bluetooth capabilities. It is mainly for listening to music from the phone (Samsung S7).
    Would be good to listen to phone calls on the car speaker too however I am OK to use the phone's mic so no need for an external mic.
    Does anyone have any experience with units that can connect through the back of the radio? I had a GROM unit for another car (Subaru) which worked really well but am wanting to find a cheaper alternative. The GROM unit was $300.

Or any other options to add Bluetooth to this radio? The radio has Bluetooth ability but the car doesn't have the bluetooth module. I couldn't find it, looked under the passenger seat.

This thread seems about as dead as doornails and search function is pretty bonkers and didn't really bring up much information for what I was looking for so thought I'd give it a crack - basically I just bought a 2011 Multivan with RNS510 and white display (OEM reverse camera and head rest media screens, if it wasn't for all this I would happily upgrade to the RCD330+). So after pulling apart 3/4's of my car trying to find the bluetooth module I can *sometimes* connect to for music streaming but NEVER get far enough into the menu for phone functions with my Iphone XR I've discovered I have a 5N0 035 730 D. The details I can see on the Ross-Tech site are as follows;

- UHV-Premium (Novero HT-4)
    - 9ZU/9ZZ
    - BAP
    - 3G (yes)
    - HFP (yes)
    - PBAP (yes)
    - A2DP (yes)
    - RSAP (yes)

From what I understand the 3g could potentially be an issue, but the HFP, PBAP and A2DP are all good signs for iphones? However the RSAP is bad (but does this mean it works with both android AND iphone?)

Also, I guess none of this explains why I can only sometimes connect to just the bluetooth for your standard music streaming...

PLZ HALP - someone just tell me what else (or who else) to throw my money at to get this all working nicely haha

I have an RNS 510 which is updated to the 5238 firmware but I cannot connect to bluetooth, it sees my iPhone 11 but says device not compatible. Is there any way to resolve this? Can I upgrade the bluetooth module?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by scotinoz View Post
    I have an RNS 510 which is updated to the 5238 firmware but I cannot connect to bluetooth, it sees my iPhone 11 but says device not compatible. Is there any way to resolve this? Can I upgrade the bluetooth module?
    Buy an Android phone and problems will go away One way is to reverse pair . EG instead of pairing phone to unit get the unit to search for phone. Had to do that with my 510
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Another VW Bluetooth module question to which I hope there is a simple answer.

I have a MY2010 Tiguan with an RCD510 (BOSCH 5K0 035 190 A) and it had a dealer installed Volk-L Bluetooth unit (NOKIA 1K8 051 730 B) which worked for pairing various phones and streaming music (sometimes)..

I'm trying to upgrade to what I believe is a 9W7 Bluetooth module (5K0 035 730 F), the connector is the same and the RCD510 appears to recognize the new Bluetooth module, BUT.. I don't get a bluetooth device available displayed on either of my phones (an iPhone and a Samsung). I believe I should see the VW Bluetooth module displayed as 'VW Phone'.. but nothing other than a message on the MFD (white) advising to 'Place cradle in baseplate'

As I had and used Bluetooth before in this car I didn't think any VCDS coding was required..?

I have spent hours researching this and I'm confidant that the Tiguan and RCD510 unit are OK - even the Bluetooth wiring harness tests OK - I borrowed the Bluetooth module from my daughters Skoda Yeti (5K0 035 730 E) and it worked fine in my Tiguan apart from it advertising it's bluetooth connection as SKODA-BT..

Maybe I need to get a different Bluetooth module version (although the F and E versions I have are both SW: 2902 and HW: H09)
    Or some VCDS coding might be required..

Any advice/experience appreciated..
    Last edited by VW3; 12-01-2022 at 01:08 PM.

Users Country Flag
    L

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    You need to code the bluetooth module. It's looking for a baseplate/cradle which doesn't exist.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Did a quick search but wasn't able to find anything. My 2014/MY15 Polo is able to connect to my phone's BT call audio just fine. However, as soon as the phone's display turns off (e.g., goes black after 30 seconds to save battery), it disconnects. The phone BT is still on, just not connected to the car.

Fortunately the call is still ongoing and I can get it to reconnect after frantically pressing the bluetooth icon and waking the phone back up, but the same thing happens as soon as the display goes back to sleep.

Anyone else have this issue?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324