Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BlueTooth related questions (all BT questions go in this thread only)

lol didn't I post that here already?

The other note with 9WZ is that you lose mobile internet (3G) when using the RSAP mode. So you won't get emails, can't use Trapster, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
    Bosch unit only although one eBay seller said the RCD 510 "plus" unit made by Delphi does support but I have yet to see anyone on the forum confirm this. Tigger73 has just installed a Bosch RCD510 unit and a 9w7 unit in his Tiguan
    Yes I have retrofitted a 9w7 "F" model and Bosch RCD510 into a 2011 Tiguan. I got my RCD510 from someone who pulled it out of a brand new Amarok (they put in an aftermarket sat nav). With an "F" model 9w7 bluetooth it gives full phonebook functionality on the RCD510 plus the phonebook is also on my white MFD. It probably does audio streaming but I don't use that feature as I have MDI anyway.

If all you want is your phone button to work on your steering wheel you should be able to purchase a "basic" bluetooth unit for around $200 - Genuine Volkswagen Bluetooth Kit for Golf Passat Tiguan Polo Jetta EOS Caddy | eBay. I don't know this seller - some other guys may have dealt with him. Though this is the kind of thing that you're after.

Otherwise you'll have to go down the path of spending $600-$700 (plus installation) to upgrade your stereo/head unit and bluetooth to get all the additional features.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    Did you order from eBay or the Polish website? Everything I've ordered from CarSystems has arrived within a week (and didn't ship via Spain). Of course with international orders there's always a chance of uncontrollable delays but some places are generally better than others.
    That would be because I orderd off ebay and from www.vag-navisystems.com*/?_trksid=p4340.l2559]eBay My World - *www.vag-navisystems.com*[/url]

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag

Help installing 9W7 bluetooth

Hi guys, I'm planning on buying the Bluetooth VW RNS 510 9W7 UHV AD2P / 7P6 035 730 K kit from that Spanish guy on eBay. Is there anyone around in Sydney who's willing to install this for me in my 77TSI MY11 at a friendly rate? Please note the 77TSI doesn't come with buttons on the steering wheel - I've got the RCD310 unit. Please PM me if you can help. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vwaumel View Post
    Hi guys, I'm planning on buying the Bluetooth VW RNS 510 9W7 UHV AD2P / 7P6 035 730 K kit from that Spanish guy on eBay. Is there anyone around in Sydney who's willing to install this for me in my 77TSI MY11 at a friendly rate? Please note the 77TSI doesn't come with buttons on the steering wheel - I've got the RCD310 unit. Please PM me if you can help. Thanks!
    This may be a stupid question but how are you going to answer your calls if you don't have a multi-function steering wheel? I haven't run an RCD310 with 9w7 but the cheap Bluetooth unit I had didn't connect to the RCD310 (only through steering wheel).

Suggest you find out if it will work before buying a Bluetooth unit. Or at least be prepared to buy some other bits - MFSW / RCD510 / RNS510 to get it all going.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    This may be a stupid question but how are you going to answer your calls if you don't have a multi-function steering wheel? I haven't run an RCD310 with 9w7 but the cheap Bluetooth unit I had didn't connect to the RCD310 (only through steering wheel).

Suggest you find out if it will work before buying a Bluetooth unit. Or at least be prepared to buy some other bits - MFSW / RCD510 / RNS510 to get it all going.
    Thanks for raising that. Does that mean I can only take calls then by pressing the green button on my iPhone (which sits in a dashboard mount most of the time anyway running TomTom)? What about ringing other people, can that be done through the RCD310 (using the station memory buttons as speed dialing buttons)?

Users Country Flag
    Two months ago I had my dealer fit the VW Premium Bluetooth to my RCD510 300W premium, car built week 45 / 2009, I noticed the phone book on the RCD510 while showing all the contacts would fail to dial because all the numbers are scrambled, I can dial from the number pad OK also the contacts and dialing work fine from the MDF. The dealer suggested it was my phone, I have since upgraded to a Samsung S3 still the same problem unable to dial from the RCD510 phone book even though all the contacts are loaded from the phone. I have returned a few times to the dealer they fitted the latest RCD510 and the phone book dialing is fine. This is my problem I had them reinstall my original RCD510 because the sound quality is way clearer than the current replacement model. My questions, are there different models of RDC510 in terms of sound quality because I am stuck with retaining my original RCD510 great sound but won't work with the phone book. Any ideas on the problem or who could help.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag
    I am having the same issues as you are I have just installed a 9w7 unit and my RCD 510 is also displaying garbled numbers in the phone book only

Have you contacted the seller in case they know about the issue and have a solution already?

Users Country Flag

Yes still waiting for a response but I suspect it is the HW and SW versions of the RCD 510 units that affect the BT display functions of the newer units.

I have another RCD 510 made in mid 2011 that has the same SW ver (207) as the current 2012 units being sold on eBay. I will swop my 2010 unit with this one tomorrow or over the weekend to test my theory
    Last edited by Bambazonke; 16-10-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast