Support VWWC

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: BlueTooth related questions (all BT questions go in this thread only)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oldstuff View Post
    Hi All,
    I am a newby on here and have a 2009 147 Tiguan it has Red MFC. It has a phone button on the radio & steering wheel but no bluetooth function. So looks like I need a new head unit if I want to take phone calls via bluetooth. So that is my main aim, if I could get something that does that & has Android car play then that would be a bonus.

Any suggestions prefer simpler options ( like me ) if that is possible.

Cheers Stewart
    Your best best bet would be to get an rcd330g.
    Has integrated Bluetooth and carplay/android auto support.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Your best best bet would be to get an rcd330g.
    Has integrated Bluetooth and carplay/android auto support.
    Hi Kamold,
    Are they hard to install ? What about a mic for the blue tooth ?

I did a search for RCD330G on ebay plenty of stuff from China, are these OK ?

Sorry for all the questions, just on a leaning curve.

Cheers
    Stewart

Users Country Flag
    Bluetooth mic is integrated.
    It's at the front on the left.
    You can install an external mic but have to solder it to the internals
    Install is very easy otherwise

Can't vouch for quality plenty of others have installed them. Ask them.
    I'm an OEM only guy in general. Unless the aftermarket is clearly superior.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Bluetooth mic is integrated.
    It's at the front on the left.
    You can install an external mic but have to solder it to the internals
    Install is very easy otherwise

Can't vouch for quality plenty of others have installed them. Ask them.
    I'm an OEM only guy in general. Unless the aftermarket is clearly superior.

So are these available OEM as well as all the Chinese jobs ?

Users Country Flag
    No the OEM solutions are more expensive.
    They are cheap and cheerful though.

Users Country Flag
    Hi everyone,

So much great information on here! Thanks for all the contributions. Hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my situation.

I recently bought a 2010 Tiguan and have just installed a bluetooth module (7P6035730F) as it had no bluetooth factory fitted. The car had the RNS-510 factory fitted with voice control so I didn't need to install the microphone.

After enabling the bluetooth in the VCDS I have been able to successfully pair my phone to play music and to make handsfree phone calls. The only issue I'm having is I am unable to use the RNS-510 controls to change track or to view the track information (artist, track name). The seller states the bluetooth module should provide these features so it must be an issue with my RNS510 (IT0035680C) as it's an older revision.

Is this correct that the RNS510 revision I have is incompatible with AVRCP or is there a firmware upgrade I can do? Otherwise is the bluetooth module I was sold the issue? I haven't been able to find the specific information I'm looking for on Ross-Tech's telephone retrofit page so any help you can provide me is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Hayden

Users Country Flag
    Update the rns510 to the current version. 5238 (you will need to re load the maps).

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Kamold,

Will do the update and let you know how I go. Cheers

Users Country Flag
    The 5238 update worked wonderfully. Full Bluetooth control and song information. Only thing that doesn’t function well is the timeline bar of the song. Definitely something I can live with though. Thanks for your expertise Kamold!

Users Country Flag

Doesn't work with vbr files only CBR

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast