Support VWWC

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BlueTooth related questions (all BT questions go in this thread only)

Did you order from eBay or the Polish website? Everything I've ordered from CarSystems has arrived within a week (and didn't ship via Spain). Of course with international orders there's always a chance of uncontrollable delays but some places are generally better than others.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the input everyone. I'm pretty sure it is the 9w2 as well. I was thinking that the MDI probably does override it. I might even contact my local VW dealer to see if they can look at what model BT was put in when it was delivered.

I think going for the 9WZ will be the best option. I was reading in another post that you will really need to connect through BT if you want full functionality with the iPhone 5.

I'll have a chat to the dealership about installing as I will most likely break something, lose parts and hurt myself.

So, I am not a DIY kinda person. I would like BT installed in my 2008 Tiguan...any recommendations for someone in Brisbane who can do the job? And what sort of money am I up for?

Users Country Flag
    It depends on mainly on what head unit you have Jude. The 08 Tiguan has the old red MFD that does not support the phone book functions of the $350 9w7 units.

However if you have a colour touchscreen RCD 510 or RNS 510 navi unit these will support all the functions of the 9w7 Bluetooth units. A near new Bosch (not Delphi) RCD 510 unit can be purchased off eBay for around $300. A navi unit around $1100

I chose a simple 9w2 unit that has basic answer end calls function off the steering wheel. You have to look at the phone to see who is calling and use the phone to initiate the call. These units also have A2DP which allows your iPad/iphone to stream music through the radio, again music selection is done from the phone or iPod. I purchased one of these for $200 and installed it my self in about 2 hours however you may find a willing forum reader with a VCDS cable to code the unit to the car who will do it for a few cartons of beer!!!
    Last edited by Bambazonke; 02-10-2012 at 01:56 PM.

I thought only the RNS510 had the full phone book function and not the RCD 510.

Users Country Flag
    Bosch unit only although one eBay seller said the RCD 510 "plus" unit made by Delphi does support but I have yet to see anyone on the forum confirm this. Tigger73 has just installed a Bosch RCD510 unit and a 9w7 unit in his Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
    It depends on mainly on what head unit you have Jude. The 08 Tiguan has the old red MFD that does not support the phone book functions of the $350 9w7 units.
    OK, this sounds like what I have - so is it actually possible to upgrade (I have the phone button on the steering wheel). If so, what is the best option in terms of what unit I should get - music streaming etc would be nice, but is not essential if it is going to be ridiculously expensive or hard to fit...as long as I can have phone calls I would be supremely happy. And where do I get it - I worry about buying from ebay for something like this because I don't really know enough about it, and I don't want to get caught with the wrong thing, or ripped off with some dodgy chinese copy.

And, if I aquire a unit, can any auto electrician install, or is there someone special who needs to look at it?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    I thought only the RNS510 had the full phone book function and not the RCD 510.
    I have a factory Bosch RCD510 and 9W7. I can access the full phonebook in my iPhone 4 (iOS 5.0.1) and stream BT audio without issue.
    MY13 Golf GTI DSG (SOLD)| Candy White | 18" Detroits | Bi-Xenon Headlights | Street Guardian SG9665C
    MY18 Golf R DSG | Indium Grey | 19" Spielbergs | DAP | Sunroof | Viofo A119v2 (front) | BlueSkySea B1W (rear)
    Micro-CAN VCDS

Cool, will update that bit of knowledge (maybe the older ones didn't)

Users Country Flag

- 9W2 had music streaming but no phone book function on the sat nav/MFD.
    - 9W3 had phone book but no music streaming
    - 9W7 has both features
    - 9WZ all of the above plus RSAP mode (it uses an additional external gsm antenna. it becomes the phone. saves ur mobile battery. u get better reception as it uses its own, much larger antenna than the mobile itself. the 9w7 does not have this external gsm antenna).

the 9wz does not have the latest features found in the 9w7 2012 versions (displaying song info, skip tracks etc etc).
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast