Support VWWC

Thread: Bluetooth Aftermarket (no steering wheel control)

Bluetooth Aftermarket (no steering wheel control)

I have a 2012 77TSI with the standard head unit and no steering wheel buttons but want to have an aftermarket bluetooth kit installed.

I've looked thru the forums but most seem to be for cars that already have the steering wheel buttons

I dont need anything that fancy, just want one that has good call quality, comes through the stereo, has its own mic, and answer/hang up button (dont mind if its mounted in the car as long as they dont drill holes or anything)

Those FM transmitters are almost enough for what I need, if there were something like that but connected through AUX and automatically switches to the phone when a call comes through that would be enouigh for me

if there is something that integrates with the standard car display thats great also

Users Country Flag
    I would think any of the Parrot Evolution devices would work great. I have the CK3000 that I use with the steering wheel controls, but I don't think the control unit that came with it is too intrusive for those that don't have the steering wheel controls.
    My CK3000 works really well. The audio quality is excellent in car, and the transmitted audio is great too.
    Phunked
    White Golf MkV Pacific (Manual)
    Self installed Dension GW100 iPod connectivity & Parrot CK3000 Evolution Bluetooth
    (Come on VW - Toyota offer better connectivity as STANDARD!!)

okay so what If I were go for an aftermarket nav/touchscreen display, they seem too be alot more easier to source

will it replace my current single din standard head unit and still fit?
    if so im happy to go for that

but i dont have a multifunction steering wheel so all controls need to be from the touchscreen

just realised the standard one is double din even though it looks like a single so should fit straight in

Users Country Flag
    I'm not sure if it's straightforward when dropping a different head unit in.
    If you're after simple integration, I suspect something like the Parrot units would be ideal. The controller is usually fixed on the console with double sided tape. The fancier versions come with A2DP (Bluetooth music streaming), and controllers that can be mounted on the steering wheel. I'm considering upgrading to the MK6100 so I can stream direct from my iPhone as well as from the iPod in the glovebox.
    You'll probably need to do a bit of research on which units will be suitable and compatible, as well as the adapters to connect them correctly to your loom.
    You could also look at the genuine VW options but, from what I hear, they're not great.
    Phunked
    White Golf MkV Pacific (Manual)
    Self installed Dension GW100 iPod connectivity & Parrot CK3000 Evolution Bluetooth
    (Come on VW - Toyota offer better connectivity as STANDARD!!)

Users Country Flag
    A Touchscreen RCD510 can be had for $300-$350 pretty easily, and the BT modules for about the same price. Audi upgrades/jku.com.au (who advert here) do good installs.

That'd net you a touchscreen, 6 cd stacker, phonebook and SD card input for music. The BT units can do A2DP with next/prev/play/pause
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

what about this ANS510

aftermarket RNS520

bluetooth is already inside the unit so dont need to buy one of those, I will have a dvd player, nav, and reverse camera functionality (which I wouldnt use)

since im not using the reverse camera and the bluetooth is built im, will it just be plug and play (then I mount a GPS antenna on the roof somethere?)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by joshcrd View Post
    what about this ANS510

aftermarket RNS520

bluetooth is already inside the unit so dont need to buy one of those, I will have a dvd player, nav, and reverse camera functionality (which I wouldnt use)

since im not using the reverse camera and the bluetooth is built im, will it just be plug and play (then I mount a GPS antenna on the roof somethere?)
    I have experience of both. Have a Parrot CK3000 (Installed previously in a Tiguan) with VW integration and external control that you can easily fit. Basic Bluetooth functionality. Cost me $400, yours for $100 if you want.

I also now have a ANS510 (Polo 9N3 version though ANS420) in the GTI and it works fine. Everything operates from the touchscreen. Cost about $600. Not quite as good as the real RNS510 I have the Multivan, but good enough for the money. Bluetooth works fine and you get local warranty and support.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...