Thread: B7 Passat Wagon oem highline camera

B7 Passat Wagon oem highline camera

I have reads a lot of the forums here related to reverse camera and I'm still just not clear on what supplies the voltage for the rear camera? Is it the camera module? thanks in advance

Users Country Flag
    Hi there, if you have a stock setup such as rns or rcd variants, then the module (in the right rear of wagon) provides power to the camera (when reserve is engaged, obviously enough) and camera sends video feed (ntsc format) to the camera module and in turn that is sent to the head unit. (There's power and video from the module to the camera through the hatch grommets).

If you're planning an OEM upgrade such as MIB, you can use the original video cable and power wiring (as noted above) to power a new camera (8V0) from a new module such as a 7N0.

Hope that assists
    R36 Wagon MY2010.5: Biscay Blue| Dynaudio and Nav| RVC| VW tow bar|
    Mod highlights:
    ECU and DSG Tune| 3AA CCM and 7N0 Gateway| 3D colour MFD| MIB2 retrofit and 7N0 RVC| Quad LED tail, brake and indicator rings| Zimmermann Sportbrake rotors, composite pads| TPMS High| 2Q0 Blind Spot and RCTA| B8 rearview mirror|

Users Country Flag
    The camera itself gets power from the module, and that is powered by Fuse 4.
    The flip motor gets power from the J519 (Central Electronics Controller) and fuse 17, but with many retrofits, gets power from the reverse lights.
    B7 Passat Wagon oem highline camera-rvc-guide-jpg
    B7 Passat Wagon oem highline camera-rvc-guide-2-jpg
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Users Country Flag
    Wagon doesn't have a flip motor, it's a static handle camera.
    But you're right all the camera wiring goes to the highline control module in the boot.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Just an update I didn't want to reply until I could find a new camera module for the wagon and now my rear camera is working again, thanks for the help and replys