Thread: Amarok MIB2 touch screen dying

Amarok MIB2 touch screen dying

Just wondering anyone else with a MIB2 unit has issues with their touch screen becoming non responsive. my return arrow has no function at all and some other parts are becoming glitchy?

Hello,

Same issue on my unit.
    This issue is related to the digitizer.
    You can find many videos on YouT... explaining how to add a new digitizer, on top of the screen.
    Disadvantage : the screen is not mat anymore, it is glossy. The additionnal digitizer will add tickness.

Users Country Flag
    i ordered one from ebay that is matte so not glossy; in fact i got two, one matte adn one clear
    then i'm gonna decide which one i use.

Users Country Flag

Hey,

I had the same problem with my head unit.

One solution I found was a place in Queensland that did a full screen replacement for about $500. This included diagnostics etc. Downside is/was i'm in Sydney so I would have had to be without a head unit for however long they took to repair and return it.

VW wanted more than double this price to fix mine.

I decided to replace my unit with a new one,and are sending the old one to them to fix as a spare in case it happens again.

The company is eurocar upgrades, which you can find in a google search (not sure if i'm allowed to say that in this area of the forums)

Darryl