Support VWWC

Thread: Alpine i902D-G6

Users Country Flag

Alpine i902D-G6

I have a Golf Mk VI and I am looking at upgrading my RCD510.
    It is giving me a bit of grief with the bluetooth.
    It doesn't integrate with my Samsung S8 very well and when I am using maps on my phone a notification will change the unit from radio to media but not turn it back to radio, which drives me nuts.

I want an upgrade anyway and the features I am looking for are
    - Android Auto (use this for navigation as well)
    - DAB+
    - Seamless integration into MFD, steering wheel buttons, climate control, parking sensors etc.
    - Seamless bluetooth and microphone integration
    - integration with Dynaudio system

The unit I am currently looking at is the Alpine i902D-G6 and it seems like it ticks all the boxes.
    It is a bit pricey at $2600 but I am prepared to fork that out.
    It has a large 9" screen and I like how it looks installed into the console.

For a purchase at this price I usually do a lot of research of reviews before I make a decision.
    The problem is that I can't seem to find a lot of reviews for this product.
    I have found one on youtube for a similar model for a Nissan and he rated it highly, but that is the only review I have found.

I understand the previous model had issues with touch screen lag but the 902 model seems to have fixed that.

I just want to know if anyone can offer some feedback or their experience on whether this is a good unit.
    Or is there another unit I should be considering for the money I am spending?

Users Country Flag
    I've just gone to a Pioneer AVH-Z3100DAB for it's DAB+ features and have to say the DAB reception is pretty ordinary while driving around.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    I've just gone to a Pioneer AVH-Z3100DAB for it's DAB+ features and have to say the DAB reception is pretty ordinary while driving around.
    Yeah unfortunately my experience is similar.
    I'm in the Hills District in north west Sydney. DAB reception is really patchy here. As soon as I get a little closer to the city (around Carlingford) it works fine.
    But it's next to unusable once I'm at North Rocks or further out.
    FM is fine the whole time.
    What's going to happen when they turn off the analogue broadcasts?
    I just switch to streaming over the mobile phone network but the quality is better over DAB...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    If you are willing to spend less you can look at Eonon.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Domatron View Post
    If you are willing to spend less you can look at Eonon.
    Hahaha. Yes I suppose I could be willing to spend less. Thanks for the suggestion I hadn’t come across that brand.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Hahaha. Yes I suppose I could be willing to spend less. Thanks for the suggestion I hadn’t come across that brand.
    I've only recently come across it. Not entirely sure how good they are but if it's no good it's less of a dent on the wallet...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Alpine i902D-G6

What about the Alpine Halo9 (iLX-F309E)? That floating screen looks very Audi-like to me.

Just do your research on the MFD integration. When I use CarPlay in my car with retro-fitted Discover Media, all I get on the Music and Telephone screens are "Apple CarPlay" or something like that. The music and telephone information you'd be used to from your RNS-510 and the 9w7 Bluetooth module only appear when the phone is connect via Bluetooth and the underlying operating system is being used. It may be the same with Android Auto.
    Last edited by arcadelt; 12-07-2018 at 06:42 PM.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Users Country Flag

Which way did you eggs up going? I am also looking at the i902D.