Thread: Adding DAB signal to factory antenna

Adding DAB signal to factory antenna

I am trying to see if there is a way to use the factory shark fin antenna on Golf MK6 as a DAB antenna for aftermarket headunits.

The only kit I could see is the Alpine solution: KAE-DAB1G6

Anyone with experience on this who can share? Many thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Haven't used one personally, only used the basic windscreen antennas.
    However this looks like a better solution, as it's properly integrated into the factory aerial (the one in the rear glass) and should have better performance, at least in theory.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag

I've added DAB with a Discover Pro retrofit on a Mk7 Golf, so the process should be the same.

You need to change the antenna amplifier module to add DAB in addition to FM, which is my case was located in the LH underside of the hatch trim. Part No. is 5K0 035 552 H. You also need to run a new cable from that location to the dash, which I ran above the roof liner. The stock antenna in the rear window will received DAB with the module, not the shark fin on the roof.

There's a a bit of work involved, but it's a factory solution.
    2014 Mk7 Golf GTI
    2003 Mk4 Golf