Thread: 30pin ipod to aux or Bluetooth android

30pin ipod to aux or Bluetooth android

Hey need some help to find an adapter to plug into my 30 pin cable so I can use my android either through Bluetooth or cable car is mk5 bkd

Sent from my H8296 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    From what I understand no.
    MDI runs to 30 pin (analog + digital) for iPods or USB, that's it. Line in / AUX is a different beast.
    Now that said, if your phone shows up as a mass storage device and shows the mp3 files you can use that. No good if you're streaming.

BUT!! There may be hope, and it's likely to be the cheapest option too!
    MDI to 30 pin adaptor + 30 Pin bluetooth adaptor like this one (being the first one I saw on eBay):
    Bluetooth 30pin Music Audio Receiver Adapter A2DP For iPod iPhone Speaker iP 1H5 4894462280461 | eBay

I've nevevr tried this persoanlly, but it should work. This random video seems to say it does!
    YouTube

I actually have a dirt cheap eBay bluetooth adaptor + 30 pin cable in my Mk6 so I can test if this works if I remember.

If you want to stick OEM there are a couple of options:
    OEM Option 1: Add in the OEM bluetooth adaptor and code the car appropriately. Probably the most expensive option and not the recommended one.
    OEM Option 2: Upgrade the head unit to the RCD330+ which has bluetooth built in. It's mostly plug and play and can bring you Android Auto (and CarPlay). You need to be mindful of the CANBUS battery drain issue if you try this path which could mean a canbus upgrade.

If you're planning on keeping the car for a while (or even upgrading to a MK6 since you can swap it over to that too), I would probably go with the RCD330+ as it's the most functionality for not alot of cash.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    From what I understand no.
    MDI runs to 30 pin (analog + digital) for iPods or USB, that's it. Line in / AUX is a different beast.
    Now that said, if your phone shows up as a mass storage device and shows the mp3 files you can use that. No good if you're streaming.

BUT!! There may be hope, and it's likely to be the cheapest option too!
    MDI to 30 pin adaptor + 30 Pin bluetooth adaptor like this one (being the first one I saw on eBay):
    Bluetooth 30pin Music Audio Receiver Adapter A2DP For iPod iPhone Speaker iP 1H5 4894462280461 | eBay

I've nevevr tried this persoanlly, but it should work. This random video seems to say it does!
    YouTube

I actually have a dirt cheap eBay bluetooth adaptor + 30 pin cable in my Mk6 so I can test if this works if I remember.

If you want to stick OEM there are a couple of options:
    OEM Option 1: Add in the OEM bluetooth adaptor and code the car appropriately. Probably the most expensive option and not the recommended one.
    OEM Option 2: Upgrade the head unit to the RCD330+ which has bluetooth built in. It's mostly plug and play and can bring you Android Auto (and CarPlay). You need to be mindful of the CANBUS battery drain issue if you try this path which could mean a canbus upgrade.

If you're planning on keeping the car for a while (or even upgrading to a MK6 since you can swap it over to that too), I would probably go with the RCD330+ as it's the most functionality for not alot of cash.
    Thanks I will reckon might just upgrade headunit but not to familiar with canbus upgrade what am I looking for sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Stenno93 View Post
    Thanks I will reckon might just upgrade headunit but not to familiar with canbus upgrade what am I looking for sorry

VW JETTA TIGUAN CAN BUS GATEWAY USED MODULE 7NO 907 530H | eBay