Thread: 2016 amarok map upgrades

2016 amarok map upgrades

So I have a 2016 Amarok. I don't do a lot of kilometres so no need or desire to upgrade. On the other hand I'm tired of the excuses but mostly silence from my dealership and Volkswagen Australia regarding a map update for the RNS315.

I modified heavily my 1998 Passat project car but don't want to go there again. No time.

So if any, does anyone know if there are any map update options for a RNS315 (currently V2), or if map upgrades are more regular for the RNS510, will a RNS510 compatible and fit into a 2016 Amarok?
    2016 Amarok

Users Country Flag
    There have been no new maps for the RNS 510 for many years and the last one was selling for $550. So dont go that way look for a newer type unit that will fit. Do NOT buy from this site as many have tried, paid money and got nothing

Navigation Systems Australia Including BMW Models

Just a moment...
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 05-01-2022 at 10:34 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    There have been no new maps for the RNS 510 for many years and the last one was selling for $550. So dont go that way look for a newer type unit that will fit. Do NOT buy from this site as many have tried, paid money and got nothing

Navigation Systems Australia Including BMW Models

Just a moment...

Thanks for reply post and advice. Ultimately got tired of waiting and being strung along by local VW dealer, and after a little research have bought this RCD330 plus with rear USB connection. I'm looking forward to it as I have no experience with Android Auto and also purchased the wireless car play dongle which the seller says now also works with Android phones. Should hopefully arrive soon....
    2016 Amarok

Users Country Flag
    Yes, as above, going to an RNS510 is a backwards step in this day and age. The RNS510 is a very old unit now.

The RCD330 is the go-to upgrade these days and now you have not only Apple Carplay/Android Auto but Google maps which is constantly being updated. Im sure you will be happy with the RCD330 unit.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dav1129 View Post
    Thanks for reply post and advice. Ultimately got tired of waiting and being strung along by local VW dealer, and after a little research have bought this RCD330 plus with rear USB connection. I'm looking forward to it as I have no experience with Android Auto and also purchased the wireless car play dongle which the seller says now also works with Android phones. Should hopefully arrive soon....
    It'd be great if you could 'report back' with your experience with this unit, especially the performance of the wireless dongle in respect to Android phones.
    Cheers
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"