Thread: 2013 vw up bcm

Users Country Flag

2013 vw up bcm

Hi all.

I have a 2013 vw up that I'm looking to do a cruise control retrofit.

I've been on the UK up forums and I know what I need to do.

I'm trying to find out if I need to code a new bcm in or will it just plug and play. For the cruise control I need a later bcm, a cruise control combo stalk, need to do some wiring for the stalk and to do some coding.

I can I use a second hand bcm as I can find them for a fraction of the price of a new one.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kristianvanek View Post
    Hi all.

I have a 2013 vw up that I'm looking to do a cruise control retrofit.

I've been on the UK up forums and I know what I need to do.

I'm trying to find out if I need to code a new bcm in or will it just plug and play. For the cruise control I need a later bcm, a cruise control combo stalk, need to do some wiring for the stalk and to do some coding.

I can I use a second hand bcm as I can find them for a fraction of the price of a new one.
    For this 2nd hand would be best unless you buy the kit from eurocar. I'd ask them if it came with the wiring required.

Ideally you find a scrapped Up! with it in and just pull everything out. That BCM also has additional cluster functionality which I would like too.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    This is why I'm asking. I have found a vehicle with cruise control fitted. I don't have vcds and wonder if I can fit it all and then find the car and drive it to someone to do the coding.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kristianvanek View Post
    This is why I'm asking. I have found a vehicle with cruise control fitted. I don't have vcds and wonder if I can fit it all and then find the car and drive it to someone to do the coding.
    I have VCDS, can help you code whatever you need. Is that a written off car? Do you have the whole car or just able to get some individual bits off it?

I am desperately looking for the fake leather seats.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...