Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has Anyone Used E10 in a 95 RON Engine

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgam View Post
    The local United stocks ULP 91 RON, E10 95 RON, P100 PULP 100 RON.

When I asked where the PULP 95 RON was, I was told that E10 95 RON was the replacement and United was phasing out PULP both 95 & 98 RON.

I filled up elsewhere.
    It might be an old thread, but United's stance only came to my notice when I filled up with their 95 (as per the fuel nozzle) only to check later as to why it was so amazingly cheap.......the docket simply stated E10 !....not sure if that's a deceptive practice.
    It ran fine (PSA 1.6 THP engine and I'm not into performance) and if they are phasing out 95 for effectively 94, my major concern relates to direct injection suitability.

Well after a few emails with VW customer care, they are stating that MON is not a value used in Australia and only RON applies. So E10 95RON is acceptable to use. I even mentioned the EN228 specification for PULP as MON85 & RON95 and they reiterated that up to E10 as long as it is RON95 or above is suitable. So i guess you should be covered under warranty if you use E10 95RON fuel....

I even got a reply from United Petroleum regarding the MON of their E10 95RON fuel, they stated typically around 82.9-84.2.
    Good link here explaining RON & MON Octane Number (RON, MON) | Glossary | Marquard & Bahls

BTW, i only use 98RON in my Golf as i get Costco Fuel which is the same price as 91RON elsewhere.
    2008 MY09 Ibis White Audi S5 Manual SOLD!
    2017 MY18 Manganese Grey VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg SOLD!
    2018 MY18 Indium Grey VW Golf 110TSI Comfortline, DAP & Infotainment, Folding Mirrors!
    2023 MY23 Nevada White Cupra Formentor VZx

Users Country Flag
    I’ve been using E10 for many tens of thousands of kms, and getting great economy also, in our C4 Picasso (1.6 turbo) and it says the average has been 5.3/100 , which is down to gently country cruising. The ethanol is a cleaning component also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Happy for you but this is a VW forum
    Well if you go to the FCAI E10 listing you will find almost every vehicle in the last 20 years is approved.
    It’s more to do with our automotive version of ‘project fear’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Having just dealt with an 'older' (2001) Audi, I can say that, if you plan on letting the car sit for more than a fortnight, DON'T leave E10 in it...
    Run it down, and fill it back up with regular fuel.

The rubber seals in the tank turned to goo, and seized the fuel pump.
    Not to mention, it smelt really bad in that tank.

That said, we ran our V5 Bora on E10 for years, and whilst you would get more km's per tank with PULP, it would still be cheaper per KM with E10. The wife also uses it in the Focus with no issues so far.
    '90 Mk I Cabriolet 1.8L - My toy... err... Daily driver... - Replaced with ‘93 Mk1 Cabriolet 1.8L <- Soon to be mine...
    '99 Mk IV Bora V5 <-- RIP - Replaced with ’10 Tiguan 147kw <-- Wife's Daily Driver
    '05 Volvo T5 S60 - 2.5L Turbo AWD Replaced with '09 Ford LV Focus Sedan <-- Used by the kids

'07 Eos 2.0 TFSI - Project Eos...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123