Thread: TDI Fuel additive

Users Country Flag

TDI Fuel additive

Hi All,

Looking to find out more information in regards to Fuel additives.

1. For controlling water contamination do you use an emulsifying or demulsifying additive? Reason why?

Emulsify = Possible injector issues (high pressure & temp produces steam) / lowers lubrication

Demulsify = Possible corrosion in fuel system when system is sitting / Fuel becomes emulsified again due to in tank transfer pump

2. Has anyone used the approved VW G001790M3?
    3. How often do you check your fuel filter water trap?
    4. If you do check your trap how often do you find water?
    5. Have you had issues with the High pressure CP4.2 fuel pump?

Thanks,

GreyWolf

I don't think it is really an issue in metro areas. Just don't fill up when tanker is refueling servo as it stirs the water up in their tanks. Change fuel filters at better service intervals than factory. I do mine every 10k km service.

You don't have a Jeep too by the way do you do you?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi Dinogzav,

Thanks for the response. Agree with the comments. Well spotted, I have a friend that has a Jeep. Jeep GC runs the same HPP CR/CP4HS2 fuel pump & an in tank transfer pump. The only difference is the fuel filter system. I have discovered in some VW vehicles some have a water sensor & drain on the fuel filter. Some don't have a sensor or drain. One would question the design with a pump that is susceptible?

For a pump that has had issues / recall in the US does not seem to be as big an issue in Oz.

I guess you also have a Jeep?

Yeh this whole pump issue is a funny one. Maybe it is because of our better quality fuel I don't know. Yes I have a grand cherokee that seems to have a better filter system possibly, with the twin filter housing and drain which I believe has a water sensor somewhere inline also. I will be doing my rear brakes on the amarok hopefully later this week so will have a look at my fuel filter and see if it has water sensor. If it does, I will look for the part number and report back. But my memory is telling me it doesn't. Maybe able to look at the toureg V6 and see what they have? Possibly a post in toureg section and someone might be able to tell you?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yep, Jeep GC has the sensor & drain. Not sure what Amarok you have but these are my findings (happy for feedback/confirmation)
    2.0L has drain but no sensor.

3.0L Manual no drain no sensor
    Part: 2h6127401

3.0L Auto no drain has sensor
    Part: 2h6127401c

You have probably seen the other comments on the Jeep forum so wont repeat. However it seems that Bosch state that lubricity is the major factor for HPP longevity. It made me question for the same pump in the US that is being recalled from 2014-2019 why would it not be the same here. My only thought would be the bio addition & our fuel spec is similar to EN590. This is for the CR/CP4HS2 series.

It seems the main concerns with the pump is fuel lubricity value / water content ppm / lack of flow to the pump (air, cavitation etc)