Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Availability of VW DSG oil in 1 litre container

Users Country Flag

Availability of VW DSG oil in 1 litre container

I just tried to buy some genuine VW DSG oil in 1 litre bottles from a dealer and was told this size was discontinued by VW in Australia about 7 months ago. It's now available only in 20 litre containers. That's a 16-year supply for an owner who wants to change the oil themselves!

My independent garage told me the genuine Audi DSG oil is the same oil, but in an Audi bottle at an Audi price of $60 a bottle!

Has anyone sourced the VW 1 litre bottles recently from another supplier? Part number is G 052 182 A2. Thanks.
    2007 Passat B6 3.2 litre V6 4Motion | Granite Grey | standard 17" Solitude wheels | tow bar
    Mods: R36 steering wheel | HP DQ250 DSG tune | HPA Haldex performance controller | Koni sports yellow shocks | Eibach springs | H&R sway bars | Whiteline ALK | Kufatec E-MFA add on | Garage door button | Warning triangle retrofit | Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003s

Users Country Flag
    If VW aren't doing the 1L bottles anymore, then neither will Skoda or Audi. The parts all come through the same channels here.

Plenty of known alternatives on the market these days, that are a lot cheaper.

Try and get ahold of Ravenol DSG/DCT through Imparts, or Liqui Moly 8100 through HSY. Both can be had in 1, 5, or 20L conatiners. 5L container works out to be the best value on a $/L basis, compared to 5x1L.

Note: I haven't used the 5L Rav bottles of DSG oil yet, so I can't tell you how easy/hard it is to re-fill the gearbox with. With their 1L bottles, you push the filler hose straight onto the bottle's own filling spout. The LM 1 and 5L bottles use the same thread as OEM so if your filling tool has the tap that screws onto the bottle, it's all very simple.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Umai Naa. My garage told me about Ravenol and Liqui Moly as well as Febi which they have been using recently. I'm sure all 3 would work fine.

I already have an unused 1 litre of genuine VW, so I just thought I'd see if I could find some more genuine oil before I switched to an after-market brand. I actually thought Impart or HSY might carry the genuine VW product via grey market channels, but I think you need to have an account to buy from them. Certainly HSY have declined to sell to me direct in the past.
    2007 Passat B6 3.2 litre V6 4Motion | Granite Grey | standard 17" Solitude wheels | tow bar
    Mods: R36 steering wheel | HP DQ250 DSG tune | HPA Haldex performance controller | Koni sports yellow shocks | Eibach springs | H&R sway bars | Whiteline ALK | Kufatec E-MFA add on | Garage door button | Warning triangle retrofit | Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003s

I have changed mine to the Penrite DSG oil available from Penrite dealers (Super cheap auto,repco, etc), It is approved and licensed by Volkswagen and best of all it's Australian made and owned!

I've had Penrite in my Skoda for about 20,000k's and in my wife's Jetta for nearly the same kilometres.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it

Quote Originally Posted by mattbtassie View Post
    I have changed mine to the Penrite DSG oil available from Penrite dealers (Super cheap auto,repco, etc), It is approved and licensed by Volkswagen and best of all it's Australian made and owned!
    I dont know about that one mate its "recommended" not approved by VW. Pentosin is the supplier of DSG oil to VW is the only DSG oil approved by VW. Pentosin is now owned by Fuchs lubricants.

In terms of bang for your buck Liqui moly is the cheapest approx $140 for 5x1l bottle and filter. Ravenol from imparts is freakin $$ cheaper online (still slightly more than LM). Febi is same price online as liqui moly.

Users Country Flag
    LM, Febi and Ravenol are all decent products.

Use them DSGs all the time.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    I was at my local dealer last week and they have said the 1lt bottles are now back in stock
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Users Country Flag
    You can buy genuine Pentosin FFL2 from Liquid Intelligence in Sydney. They have 1L bottles. Pentosin Transmission Fluid Australia

Users Country Flag

That's just robbery 53 bux a litre!
    Quote Originally Posted by trojon View Post
    You can buy genuine Pentosin FFL2 from Liquid Intelligence in Sydney. They have 1L bottles. Pentosin Transmission Fluid Australia
    Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast