Thread: Additives

Additives

I've got a golf MK7 tsi at 120k km and wanted to do some preventative maintenance to ensure it runs smoothly for a while. Doing a major service soon and wondering what additives i should use post service.

Liqui-Moly Petrol Engine Intake Decarb - 366g | Supercheap Auto

https://www.amazon.com/Liqui-Moly-20.../dp/B001CZODH8

Looking at these 2 products and wondering if they're beneficial on my car. Not expecting anything as good as a manual clean or walnut blast but they're not too expensive so if i can get some value out of them it'd be worth it.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    I wouldn't use the friction modifier - just use good oil.

The intake carbon cleaner is good. Personally, I've just used carb or brake cleaner which is cheaper but not as effective
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    I use to use that Liqui Moly cleaner when I had my Golf R and GTI. I now use the diesel version of the same product for my SQ5 before each oil change.

I agree about the friction modifier - never used it. Modern oils are so good these days I really don't see the benefit for a street driven car. But it wont hurt so if you want to use it - go for it.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Thanks for the replies, managed to get a bottle of ceratec online for pretty cheap so will see how we go. With the carbon cleaner are you supposed to use it before the service? Will give it a try.

Cheers

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    Thanks for the replies, managed to get a bottle of ceratec online for pretty cheap so will see how we go. With the carbon cleaner are you supposed to use it before the service? Will give it a try.

Cheers
    Yes use the carbon cleaner before you do an oil change.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler