Support VWWC

Thread: Where to go for warranty repairs ?Mel.

Where to go for warranty repairs ?Mel.

Crikey this forum is a wee bit quiet, anyway here goes. my eos jams just about every time I put the roof down - a hatch gets stuck, I can slam it open and the roof keeps going, though once or twice I have had an error appear on the display along with a fault number.
    The second issue is that the easy-entry seats have stopped working, they are meant to go back to their original position once you let someone in.
    I took the car to a dealer to have these things looked at.
    They had it for 3 days, they said they could not fault the roof, which makes me wonder how many times they tried it and if they even looked at the fault log, I am assuming there is one.
    And they replaced both front seat bases.
    The passenger seat is a little better than it was but the drivers is hopeless.
    Prior to taking the car to the dealers I printed out a tech note on the seat thing (from VW) & also a tech tip. Both articles stated that the problem with the easy entry seats was a known one and that they just required adjustment.
    The article then proceeded to detail that adjustment.
    When I went to pick up the car I showed the tech tip to the service tech, and he didnt know what it was. Well WTF !!
    I wont say who this dealer wes, but if I say inner south eastern suburb. you may be able to guess.
    To me this is a pretty damning indictment of the dealer.
    It appears that they did not check any fault log, and had not even heard of the tech notes published by the manufacturer, let alone familiarised them selves with the damn things.
    I know that there are lots of different vw models and that its difficult to be up to date on all models let alone even a few. but if you had a fault condition you had not encountered b4 would you not as a matter of course look for a tech note ?
    Can anyone assist with a better dealer ?
    Thanks
    A|C

Hey!

How did you go with all your problems???, pretty bad for car of that price

Greetings!
    .:Polo 6R 77TSI
    .:Golf MK6 GTI

II Kraftwerk

I have enjoyed my dealings with Camberwell Volkswagen far more than with South Yarra Volkswagen...

Ha ha I got a new GPS for xmas, it took me over 70kms of dirt roads, ever since then the roof has been working perfectly, I guess it just needed some "percussive maintenance" !!
    A|C

Users Country Flag
    Did you install it yourself?

Hi A/C, l have the same problem with the driver seat. Took it the VW dealer, the need to do the analysis. It will be covered under the extended warranty. Hopefully the will replace the the the seat base.
    Melbourne
    MY08 EOS TDI

I have had a similar issue, the roof is fouling on the lining, I have had the car at SY 5 times now without it being repaired & now they tell me that they want 500 to remove the roof lining to take a look. My question is, I have the ext warranty but it is with the afore mentioned clowns, does anyone know if its possible to take the car elsewhere ?
    Thanks
    A|C