Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aussie Eos Owners

Hey Melbeos

I hope you are right but another car that was built later on the 28th March for Peter if I am not mistaken was not loaded on my ship and is hopefully on the next one but that has not been confirmed yet. Also there are reports of delays to customers in the UK and the USA so you may be disappointed
    125i Sport Convertible | Alpine White | Coral Red | M261 18" | Debadged | Harman Kardon | Extended Mobile Phone Connectivity

melbeos Guest
    hey sydeos, thanks for the heads up. l read about the delay to the UK on the vwvortex site but didnt think ours went via that way... maybe it does the circuit and drops off at each port. Since the original ship date wasnt due till sept/oct, a slight delay from end june/early july l can live with.

Not sure it is the same vessel as vehicles for Australia get shipped from Bremerhaven in Germany, however the delay seems to be in getting cars from the factory to the port for shipping.

If you check the dates above the car was not even booked for shipping until the 12/04/07 which is some 21 days after production. It was loaded some 34 days after production. Then some 41 days on the ship which is fixed.

Hopefully you will have better luck with the timing
    125i Sport Convertible | Alpine White | Coral Red | M261 18" | Debadged | Harman Kardon | Extended Mobile Phone Connectivity

So guys did you get any discounts at all with your orders? I am a returing customer so got a discount wanted to see what others got offered to them from the dealers.

melbeos Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by slitko View Post
    So guys did you get any discounts at all with your orders? I am a returing customer so got a discount wanted to see what others got offered to them from the dealers.
    I'm a first time buyer of anything VW.To be honest wasnt too sure about the VW reputation for building quality and reliable cars and really didnt cross my mind until l saw and read about the Eos (was in the market for a decent value for money hardtop convertible).

Was told by the dealer that demand outweigh supply so he wasnt prepared to do any deals but to clinch the deal he give me a couple of hundred dollars discount. Since l read other chats that other melbourne dealers were taking a similar 'take it or leave it' tone l signed up.

Did you get a decent discount?

Since I got the Passat last year I got free Xenons, free Satnav and free EOS luggage bags.

Took me a damn long time to get that deal.

When delivery gets closer I will try get them to give me bluetooth kit free as it is installed here

melbeos Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by slitko View Post
    Since I got the Passat last year I got free Xenons, free Satnav and free EOS luggage bags.

Took me a damn long time to get that deal.

When delivery gets closer I will try get them to give me bluetooth kit free as it is installed here
    fantastic. well done. looks like your a good negotiator.

Yeah but when the salesman and manager see me coming they cringe lol

Even on the Passat I got them to give a $3000 discount the day it was released

melbeos Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sydeos View Post
    Hey all an update on my Eos and thanks to Peter for the heads up

Build date - 22/03/07

Booked for Shipping - 12/04/07

Received for Shipping - 25/04/07

Shipping Date from Bremerhaven - 26/04/07

Arrival Date Sydney - 06/06/07

Delivery Date - 18/06/07 Fingers Crossed

Would love to know why it took 1 month from build to shipping?

If this is standard I gues we can say the time from build to delivery in Australia is about 3 months then

For those of you interested in tracking a car for Australian Delivery the website of the Shipping Line is here and all you need is a VIN number -

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto

Hi Sydeos, any updates on the delivery of your car. ?

Finally got the Vin # for my car. I'm trying to track the car based on the weblink you gave. When l click onto the site l'm ask to enter the cargo id. Do l enter the VIN #?

thanks

That is correct melbeos.

In the Cargo Tracking Section you select the Auto Cargo option and then enter the Vin Number.

Then once you have the Vessel name you can keep track of the voyage by going to the Vessel Page in the Schedules Section and entering the Vessel Name.

Mine is on the Tombarra which left Melbourne today and is due in Sydney tomorrow. It is running 2 days behind it's original schedule.

The link to their Customer Centre is here -

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/customerCentre/index.jsp

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast