Support VWWC

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aussie Eos Owners

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Great words Peter glad to have you aboard

I'm sure Lin will be very surprised to see an Eos in your driveway, I look forward to hearing about Lin's reaction when she receives it

Good Luck heeping the Masquerade up
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Hey Peter

Fancy meeting you here.

Assume you got my IM.

Peter and I have twins arriving on the same ship next month, mine will be the older racier louder one, TFSI 6SP Manual, while Peter and Lin have the "Pipe and Slippers" younger more introverted twin, TDI DSG with Walnut trim
    125i Sport Convertible | Alpine White | Coral Red | M261 18" | Debadged | Harman Kardon | Extended Mobile Phone Connectivity

Hi Leigh

Thanks for PM. Still no confirmation on W&W website re my VIIN # on shipping manifest. Hope that just means shipping company hasn't updated yet. Time will tell.

Friend of mine has just picked up his BMW 325i convertible. He can't believe how quick it is! (8.7sec 0-100 ) Is in for a big surprise if he lines up beside a EOS TFSI. Would love to get a trial CPU flash for the TDI, just to see his reaction during a comparison run ingear.

Has anyone seen EOS ingear times for either TFSI or TDI?

BMW is a nice car though, blue black with a brown leather interior. Colours would probably would read differently in the BMW brochure.

Wouldn't tell us his onroad price... i think around $115,000 with his 19" wheels & Tv. He loves the attention...... right car for the right bloke.....good on him.

Will let you know when my EOS shipping is confirmed.

PS
    I really miss the "EOS is gay" comments. Search through Aussie VWVortex for clarification. Appears to be a thread killer on that forum..... apparently. Who would have thunk that?

Hi Leigh

Do you think there will be enough room under the front seats of the EOS TDI to stow my slippers, and will my dressing gown cord get all tangled up on the seat belt when trying to step out of the car

I know there will be most likely, copious amounts of fluid gush on the ground when opening front car door ... can heardly blame old age on that one (providing it has been raining of course) .

Cheers Peter

Had a look at the BMW a couple of weeks ago. Nice car bit different in the roof mechanism and the boot arrangement but found that when you spec'd it up to the same level as my Eos I was looking at about $110,000 on the road so that is a lot more money for the same performance and similar features. Haven't driven yet and while I would expect that it is a better drivers car but I will wait and see.

However I must say that VW has a lot to learn about the customer experience from what I have seen so far anyway. My BMW experience has left them for dead. Lets say they have a lot of room for improvement

As for somewhere to store the slippers maybe you could investigate some aftermarket under seat storage drawers

Likewise no luck with the VIN number on the W&W site but my Dealer has confirmed that it is on the Tarifa and I would have to assume that it is on the current voyage as it left Bremerhaven on the 13th of April which was 22 days after production.
    Last edited by sydeos; 23-04-2007 at 10:04 PM.
    125i Sport Convertible | Alpine White | Coral Red | M261 18" | Debadged | Harman Kardon | Extended Mobile Phone Connectivity

brackie Guest

Forum promotion!

This Eos subforum is really hot! Great contributions guys (I guess I'm old enough to be included in the "pipe and slippers" set however I don't smoke and here in a Tassie winter it either wear them or lose your toes to frostbite!)

As for the association of "gay" and Eos"...well, I can see why you came here It's great to have you,especially with the diesel option.

I'll promote this forum to the mainstream so don't let me down by posting less often!

Thanks for the welcome Brackie. After all those years, how are you handling the reduced sulphur in your veins?

The EOS is our first diesel car. Eldest son had a 306 HDI sedan which he replaced with a 2005 Peugot 307 HDI manual wagon. With two baby seats in the back seat and the back full of strollers etc, that wagon looks like a mobile nursery. He would love to run on veg oil if he could.

Have owned a 1989 GQ Patrol with a 4.2 turbo diesel with factory rear diff lock. Had a lot of fun with the family when we owned it.

We run a T4 Transporter Dual Cab TDI Syncro manual with 96,000 ks in service as a work vehicle. Top little truck.....we are generally right on weight limit with full tray and gear on roof racks .... and still manages to get between 10 - 12 lt per 100ks. When empty the VW feels like a hyperactive puppy. Loaded up, it's still ok as a work truck.

Viscous coupling struggles to engage rear wheels when weight is right on maximum limit. Syncro was a disappointment. Can see why VW went to Four Motion in the T5.

Also run a Ford Transit Dual Cab P135 6 speed manual with 45,000 ks. Lot more torque 375nm as compared to VW at 250nm.

Not in the same build class as the Transporter, but can carry 1.8 tonne with rear wheel drive and dual wheels. Sad as it is ... has often pulled Transporter up gravel tracks when it was stuck. Averages 13-14 lt per 100 ks ..... no different around town or highway.

Both trucks loaded are as aerodynamic as the Bismarck, so city figures are the same as highway.

With the EOS, when comparing engine noise between VW TFSI and TDI, the TFSI in full song is more offensive to my ears. Don't know why, as i really like how the TFSI performs. Acoustically the TFSI just doesn't work for me.
    Think i might have been a Tasmanian farmer in a previous life.

Can understand Leigh wanting a TFSI manual, as at work he's in auto all day and has probably bonded over time to the noise and feel of those jet turbines.

It's interesting that when cars are advertised, they are sold on power, but in real life driven on torque. TDI suits my driving style. (although wife doesn't exactly use the word style when describing my driving).

Now that i'am nearly grown up i don't feel the need to speed on public roads. Give me a kart or car and race track.... now that's a different story. Have had some serious fun in past days at Oran Park, Willowbank, Mt Cotton and Lakeside.

Although after reading latest Wheels magazine tyre test, and seeing a Golf TDI DSG was quicker than a Commodore SS manual around a dry slalom, EOS TDI DSG as a track car.... why not. I'll just run that one past Lin. I can see the look on her face now!

Peter

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I think you need a Crafter Dual Cab
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

brackie Guest

Ulsd

No probs with the diesel fuel in any of my engines (2 Mk1s, TDI, 2 4WDs, 2 tractors). No IP leaks or deterioration of rubberware etc. Yet! The thought of re-sealing an IP doesn't faze me 'cos I've done quite a few.

Doesn't your Transit have a PSA engine? If so, it's a helluva donk and your exploits don't surprise me.

But back to the 2.0TDI motor.....It's a torque factory, and you're absolutely right when you say, "We drive them on torque..." 'cos it's the most important quality of an engine in everyday driving.

Hey Peter

Maybe too many hours in the Transit without OH&S approved hearing protection has dulled your appreciation for the quality of any engine spinning beyond 4500 RPM

Haven't driven the TDI but have looked at the DSG. Two problems for me are the lack of paddles on the wheel of the Eos, I have driven the R32 with them and second the fact the the transmission doesn't allow total manual control. If I wanted the transmission to second guess me then I wouldn't bother getting out of D or S. Admittedly is is not as bad as the Lexus IS250, the paddles are standard but the just allow you to select the gear you would like to be in and it will show that gear on the MFD indicator but the transmission totally ignores this and does it own thing. Very Lexus I guess but definitely not me.

Call me old fashioned, no I don't have a pipe and slippers yet , but I enjoy driving and the skill required to do it well and this includes the use of a clutch and gear lever. I don't get it 100% right every time but that just inspires me to do better.

Looking forward to exploring the envelope when the Eos arrives but like Peter getting too old and hopefully too wise to misbehave too much in the public environment

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast