Thread: Upgrade headunit and rear camera

Users Country Flag

Upgrade headunit and rear camera

Hi all,

I've just bought a 2012 TDi Eos here in NSW. I've previously had 2 when living in London and love this car.
    But I want to make a couple upgrades and hopefully someone will have advice.

Currently there is no rear parking camera which I'd like to install and only have the RCD510 but do have front and rear parking sensors (Park Assist 2).

Is there a headunit that will work with a retro fit reverse camera (with dynamic lines, but can live with the static lines)?
    Is there an option to have CarPlay? (not worried about Android Auto)
    And with CarPlay I don't want to have to have a USB cable attached in the front head unit but only have an odd connection media in plug in the arm rest. Ideally would like to connect a wireless CarPlay adapter that is hidden.
    I don't want to lose any steering wheel functionality.

Any help will be appreciated!

Cheers
    Last edited by paros_fan; 05-11-2021 at 02:20 PM.

Users Country Flag

Discover Media PQ (with nav) or Composition Media PQ (no internal nav) are the OEM units which are from the Amarok etc.
    They have full factory integration with everything, work with aftermarket dynamic or static cameras, have Carplay/Android Auto, rear USB and mic etc.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500