Thread: Through loading aperture

Through loading aperture

Hi, I'm new, just picked up our Eos a couple of days ago.

I give up, what's the orange pull ring behind through loading aperture for!

Regards,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by agird View Post
    Hi, I'm new, just picked up our Eos a couple of days ago.

I give up, what's the orange pull ring behind through loading aperture for!

Regards,

Rob

She who must be obeyed is away with her car so I cannot check this out. If my memory is right, this release is documented in Part 3 of the owner's manual - it may be for the fuel cap or boot lid release if the electrics fail.
    Carer for my partner's Eos 2.0 TDI DSG MY09 Candy White/Cornsilk Beige leather trim.

Quote Originally Posted by silvershadow View Post
    She who must be obeyed is away with her car so I cannot check this out. If my memory is right, this release is documented in Part 3 of the owner's manual - it may be for the fuel cap or boot lid release if the electrics fail.
    Hmmm, I pulled it (of course) and nothing happened, no click nothing... but then if the boot was already unlocked. I had a look through the manual that showed the aperture but no ring. But then there is so much going on, took us a while to figure hwo come the left front a rear parking lights were still on after we had parked and locked, missed that in the manual too!

The boot lid can be opened manually if the battery is flat or there is a defect in the locking system.

Pull the release ring out of the holder and pull the ring in the direction of the arrow ==> fig 41 until the boot unlocks.

Page 93 in the Booklet 3.2 Tips and Maintenance.
    Carer for my partner's Eos 2.0 TDI DSG MY09 Candy White/Cornsilk Beige leather trim.

Thanks for that, bleeding obvious when I think about it. I thought I had read every page of the manual.

I had another pull but nothing happened, maybe I need to give it a fair old yank. I reckon I'll leave it for an emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by agird View Post
    Thanks for that, bleeding obvious when I think about it. I thought I had read every page of the manual.

I had another pull but nothing happened, maybe I need to give it a fair old yank. I reckon I'll leave it for an emergency.

I don't think a yank will do it from past experience with other vehicles with emergency petrol/boot releases - usually a slow gentle pull until the latch releases is all that is required.

If I yank anything, the whole unit usually comes away to cause more problems .