Thread: Six months to go......

Six months to go......

Well I have signed the order for the next lease car and so come the 19th of June 2010 my Eos affair will be over.

I have ordered a BMW 125i Sport Convertible to replace the Eos.

Had a few issues so far all repaired under warranty but my biggest issue would be with the lack of customer service from my dealers service department.

When you spend the money an Eos costs I have a real problem with the lack of a loan vehicle being provided while warranty work is being performed.

They came to the party on two occasions after some discussion when the roof lining had to be replaced after they overtightened the roof cables on the initial repair and the second time was after the drivers seat return function failed and after that was repaired the electric lumbar support was no longer working.

Overall a good car and good value and if VW were to apply the 'R' treatment as per the Sirocco R to the Eos then maybe I would give it another look. It is fine up to 7-8/10th but gets a little ragged after that. I have replaced the original Dunlop Sports with some Pirelli P Zeros and find they are a little more progressive than the Dunlops for a improvement in drivability and reduction in front end axle tramp under hard acceleration.
    125i Sport Convertible | Alpine White | Coral Red | M261 18" | Debadged | Harman Kardon | Extended Mobile Phone Connectivity

Which dealer was this? When I take any of my VWs in for service or a warranty issue they always give me a loan car.

Barloworld Mascot.
    125i Sport Convertible | Alpine White | Coral Red | M261 18" | Debadged | Harman Kardon | Extended Mobile Phone Connectivity

Quote Originally Posted by sydeos View Post
    Barloworld Mascot.
    It's far from you but maybe Barlo in Five Dock is nice, I always get a loan car, and I'm only service my FSI Golf,

You can ask for Angie, she's really good in client service,

Good luck!
    .:Polo 6R 77TSI
    .:Golf MK6 GTI

II Kraftwerk

The car was in today for a second visit to fix 2 problems that they couldn't do last month because of not having the parts in stock. The car was re-booked 4 weeks later to get a loan car while the repairs were made.

They didn't charge me for the loan car today so maybe things have changed.

But hopefully it will only need one more service before the lease is finished.

Loan car

Getting a loaner car is a bonus- I didnt get one the first time with my dealer in SA. Nevertheless they screwed up the repair the first time and now provide a loaner when redoing botched jobs. (Mainly due to rattles not being fixed properly. )

I thought of getting a Lexus 250C instead but I figure for the price difference, I could rent a loaner every time and still be ahead !
    2010 Salsa Red Eos DSG TDI Cornsilk Beige Leather

With my previous 3 vehicles if there was a repair that was a warranty job there was a vehicle provided no questions asked.

I look at it from the point of view that when you purchase the car you are aware that you won't have it when it is being serviced but when it is being repaired for a fault under warranty then you should not be inconvenienced.

And having previously owned BMW's this has always been the case as far as they are concerned as well

Users Country Flag
    my mate just got his 125 hardtop and its good!! (coupe not the ugly 4 door thing)

Great sound, lots of grunt and 2 sets of golf clubs in the boot! a bit thirsty though i think.

Actually the BMW 125i manual uses 8.1l per 100km on the combined cycle while the Eos manual is 8.2l per 100km on the combined cycle.

So the BMW should be about the same as the Eos and it is faster

Users Country Flag

ah i see, he is moving from a mini cooper S so its his first 6 cylinder car!~ good choice though i'm sure you won't be dissapointed, he was just gutted he couldn't get the 135! near M3 performance!