Thread: Silver window trim on Eos...how to get clean???

Users Country Flag

Question Silver window trim on Eos...how to get clean???

Hello!

I just bought a 2008 Eos a couple weeks ago. Prior to buying the car i asked if the car would be detailed, and specifically if the silver dull and streaked looking window trim would be shiny and new looking. The salesman of course said yes. At pick up low and behold it looked just as it had at the first viewing. I asked why and the salesman said their detailer doesnt do a good job. He said to pick up some eagle never dull and it would shine it right up. I trusted him that it would work. The first thing i did was pick some up. Didn't work. I emailed my sales guy who then asked his service dept about it, who then told him its a common problem and there is no solution. Does ANYONE know how to get this window trim cleaned up? Ive tried wax and compound and nothing seems to get the stains and cloudyness off. ANYONE? I emailed vwcares 2 days ago and no response yet.

Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!

Users Country Flag
    Actually, I have exactly the same question fro my 08 EOS. Did you ever get it sorted?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hello,

No. Vw didnt seem to care too much and has no solution either. The only thing ive found to temporarily get it shiny is Baby Oil... No, Im not kidding. LOL
    If you find something longer lasting, please let me know!!!

Users Country Flag
    I haven't had personal experience with the EOS' chrome trim but I know Brasso did an amazing job on all my previous cars (including a very wanged up rare black chrome trim on my old BMW 325i).

Grab a bottle, put a bit on an old cloth and rub on the chrome (try a very small section first), avoid the paintwork though!
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Isn't it plastic?