Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Krytox Lube for roof and door seals

Krytox Lube for roof and door seals

As there are a few new people on here with new EOS i figure we start a new thread for this.

From Internet Digging

It seems that Krytox (DuPont) is the lube to get

A.S Harrison seems to be a reputable seller in Australia
    http://www.asharrison.com.au/specialty-lubricants.html

I think his current price is around $80 for a 50ml bottle.

Im not sure of the VW price but it seems to range from $80-$150 for 30ml

How to Lube you seals pictures and guide here

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothrea...int&id=3087297

So what the deal.

How often does this need to be done?

Is there a better lube out there ?

Is this too much hastle and should i get VW to do it?

Users Country Flag
    The roof seals and rubbers are meant to be conditioned with a 3-part cleaning/lubing/conditioning pack that is provided from new. This should be in the glovebox. You can buy it over the counter at the dealership as well.

We do them every 15,000klms, and supply the customer with a new conditioning pack to replace the one we used.

Dont poke and hope, scan, smoke and scope
    Users Country Flag
    We used Krytox at Porsche and was the ONLY thing to get rid of squeeks on the Cabs
    Great stuff, well worth buying it
    Cheers
    Jmac
    Alba European
    Service, Diagnostics and repairs. Mobile Diag available on request
    Audi/VW/Porsche Factory trained tech 25+ yrs exp
    For people who value experience call 0423965341

Users Country Flag
    Our area rep told us we had to have it in the workshop otherwise we'll fail the next ISO inspection! Since spare parts would charge something like that straight to the workshop, the boss won't order it in.

krytox only!!! contains no silicone, dont use to much because it will run off when it gets wet leaving streaks down your window glass

I got the harrisons bottle - 90 PLUS GST

I applied it and smudged it into the seals using my finger. A bit later it started to run off, so don't use too much. I think it is a 50mL bottle and I used half with the help of a dental syringe (used to wash crap in your teeth gap which costs about 10c from my dentist friend)
    Main Dub:
    2010 Crafter Hanover Bus
    1956 Type 1
    2015 vRS wagon black on black

Quote Originally Posted by Lams View Post
    I got the harrisons bottle - 90 PLUS GST

I applied it and smudged it into the seals using my finger. A bit later it started to run off, so don't use too much. I think it is a 50mL bottle and I used half with the help of a dental syringe (used to wash crap in your teeth gap which costs about 10c from my dentist friend)
    Is this GPL 105 in a DuPont bottle?

I'll add them to my list as a supplier if you can confirm that.

DuPont Krytox lubricant - door seals, hinges, latches, squeaks and rattles

A distributor Fluid Seals said that a 500ml bottle is the smallest available from them at the moment and it's $649 + GST (it's 1kg but equates to around 500ml apparently).

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Is this GPL 105 in a DuPont bottle?

I'll add them to my list as a supplier if you can confirm that.

DuPont Krytox lubricant - door seals, hinges, latches, squeaks and rattles

A distributor Fluid Seals said that a 500ml bottle is the smallest available from them at the moment and it's $649 + GST (it's 1kg but equates to around 500ml apparently).

You are correct about the ex-factory container size - Harrisons are an official DuPont distributor and started decanting from this container into 50ml bottles for Mitsubishi Australia and supplied these with a Mitsubishi part number. Due to the demand from personal shoppers following recommendations on various car enthusiast forums for GMH, Ford and other makes, they will supply Krytox Oil with a minimum order of 2 x 50ml bottles.

My bottles are branded Krytox Oil AW347623 with a lot number - the Mitsubishi logo on the Mitsubishi Genuine Parts is covered by a "Harrison" sticker. The following photos show the container:

Note Mitsubishi logo under sticker

Carer for my partner's Eos 2.0 TDI DSG MY09 Candy White/Cornsilk Beige leather trim.

How much are they selling at Mitsubishi? VW quoted me $92 for a "small" bottle the last time I was there a few months ago. But I didn't ask exactly what size.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Krytox is expensive in any form. I used it anaesthetic machines when I serviced them and a small tube was $125 up to $300 from GE. Very little is needed and is a wonderful product. I have used it to stop cables creaking in the couch in one of the Linear accelerators at work. If the dealer is charging for it, they should be using it(sparingly).
    08 MY09 R32, DBP, DSG, GIAC, R8V10 reps, KW V3, RNS510/VIM/BT/MDI, region free DVD, switched Haldex, s2t paddles,HPA dogbone rubber,Mk7 climatronics, FIS+, Adams/RDA discs & Hawk pads, Garage button, GruppeM. Front fogs, Milltek. CF Chin spoiler.Strut support. LEDs Alloy front suspension bits.....
    http://photobucket.com/gregsr32

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast