Thread: Hoping to Join the Eos Family Soon

Users Country Flag

Cool Hoping to Join the Eos Family Soon

Currently on the hunt for an Eos.

I've always liked them, and just 3 months after I sold my Cabriolet Golf, I'm completely missing the wind through my hair.

So, I saw the perfect one advertised last week, but at that stage I hadn't yet sat in one. and I wasn't sure how the kids would fit in the back. I finally managed to sit in one Saturday morning, and for the most part, the kids will fit fine.
    Unfortunately for me, the perfect one that I was looking at, had sold just hours before.

Definates
    - 2.0 TFSI Petrol
    - 6 Speed Manual

Preferred
    - Dark Blue, Dark Grey, Light Blue, Black (in that order)
    - 'White' Leather Interior, with Red and Black Leather considered...

Hopefuls
    - Reverse camera
    - Black Wheels

Oh, and preferably, I have to sell my S60 first too...
    '90 Mk I Cabriolet 1.8L - My toy... err... Daily driver... - Replaced with ‘93 Mk1 Cabriolet 1.8L <- Soon to be mine...
    '99 Mk IV Bora V5 <-- RIP - Replaced with ’10 Tiguan 147kw <-- Wife's Daily Driver
    '05 Volvo T5 S60 - 2.5L Turbo AWD Replaced with '09 Ford LV Focus Sedan <-- Used by the kids

'07 Eos 2.0 TFSI - Project Eos...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Excellent news.
    The Eos I was previously looking at was readvertised, so a few days harassing the bank, and a quick trip to Sydney, and I'm now the proud owner of a 2007 Eos.

Nice! Congratualtions on your new purchase.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Just a quick pic of my new toy...

'90 Mk I Cabriolet 1.8L - My toy... err... Daily driver... - Replaced with ‘93 Mk1 Cabriolet 1.8L <- Soon to be mine...
    '99 Mk IV Bora V5 <-- RIP - Replaced with ’10 Tiguan 147kw <-- Wife's Daily Driver
    '05 Volvo T5 S60 - 2.5L Turbo AWD Replaced with '09 Ford LV Focus Sedan <-- Used by the kids

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Rusty View Post
    Just a quick pic of my new toy...

Nice, I'm partial to that colour, just trying to remember the name........is it Midnight Blue?

Not many of us Eos owners on here these days, I find this forum great for VW information in general but for Eos specific information, I hang around on this site:-

A VW Eos Forum for Owners - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Yep, the Eos forums are great, but it's nice to be amounts aussies too...
    Plus, apart from the roof, our unique little cars aren't all that different to the rest of the mk5 platform...

Thankfully, the Eos got the best looks in the family. ��

I'm proud to say that I have finally re-joined the VAG family, and more importantly, the EOS family...

My previous VW was a '90 Mk1 Cabriolet, which I had for 6 years, and it was just lovely. However, times change, and safety becomes more important.
    My parents then made me an offer, that at the time, I couldn't refuse. The Cabby was sold (to an enthusastic dub lover) and in it's place, my parents gave me their '05 Volvo S60.

Whilst the S60 is a very nice car, after just 6 months, I was really starting to miss my sweet little Cabriolet, so it was time to start looking around again.
    Now, to keep up the safety, but get a zippy little convertible back, I had to meet the following...
    Hard Top was preferable.
    Had to be a REAL 4 seater.
    Had to be 'sporty', but it didn't need to be a power house, or on rails.
    Needed to be post 2000.
    Needed to be under $10000
    Manual preferred
    NOT Silver
    So, after much consideration, I was only left with a few choices. The VW Eos, Renault Megane, Peugeot 307, Holden (Opel) Astra TwinTop, and Ford Focus CC.

The Astra ended up off the list as it was just too darn boring. Whilst the Focus was significantly under powered, that paled in comparison to it's sheer ugliness. The Renault and the Peugeot's were nice enough, but just not right, and decidedly French. Then there was the Eos, which was both the nicest to look at, and had the best power to weight.

So, I started looking around, and almost immediately, I saw an awesome interstate deal online. Unfortunately for me, at that stage, I still hadn't yet sat in an Eos to confirm it's rear space, and overall comfort. So, I arranged to have a look at a look at a local DSG Eos, and whilst that visit left me very impressed with the car, I just wasn't impressed with the DSG, and felt that Manual was the only way to go. Unfortunately, just 3 hours before I sat in the local car, the interstate car Ad was removed.

So, several weeks passed, and given that there were only about 20 manual petrol Eos' for sale in the whole country, most of which seemed to be very overpriced, it seemed that there was going to be a wait to find exactly what I wanted. Then the Eos gods must of taken pity on me as the original car that sold me on the Eos popped back up online. Slightly more expensive, with a little more rego, but at least, still from the same seller.

So, I was straight onto the bank, ran a revs check, and contacted the seller.
    All went well that Thursday morning, however, things just had to get a little more stressful... The bank decided that they would take their time processing the forms, and on the Friday afternoon, it looked like I would have to cancel my interstate trip to inspect the car on the Saturday. However, the manager of my local branch stepped up to the plate at 4pm on a Friday, and pushed the paperwork accross the line, and had it all finalised by 4:30.

Now that all was back on track, and with a very broken sleep under my belt, I headed on a 350km trip to have a look at the car. The trip was thankfully uneventful, and the couple selling the car were very lovely to talk to. On top of that, the car was exactly as described, which finally calmed my nerves, and money/ownership changed hands.