Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Fuel type is it 95 or 98?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14
    Users Country Flag

    Fuel type is it 95 or 98?

    Hi,

    I have a 2010 MY11 EOS 155TSI
    I am seeing conflicting evidence of which fuel type to use, which is correct

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    4,388
    Users Country Flag
    95 is the minimum you should use. Better idea is to use the best quality fuel available where possible which is 98ron.
    2015 Mk7 GTI Performance
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    6,087
    Users Country Flag
    Usually has it on inside of fuel cover.
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR590-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Mexico
    Posts
    8,732
    Users Country Flag
    I wouldnt advise anything but 98 on a regular basis, 95 if the world is ending and nothing else is available.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    6,087
    Users Country Flag
    95 is enough and 98 doesnt give any value for money as I cant tell any difference in performance between the two.

    Its 91 that you only use if the other is not available and only get a minimum amount and fill with proper stuff ASAP
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR590-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Usually has it on inside of fuel cover.
    Yeah that's one of the places it says 95, says 98 in the handbook

    95 or 98, is not an indication of fuel quality

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,278
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    95 is enough and 98 doesnt give any value for money as I cant tell any difference in performance between the two.

    Its 91 that you only use if the other is not available and only get a minimum amount and fill with proper stuff ASAP
    Actually it is not, I have it direct from VW, that you should only use 98. 95 if nothing else is around and 91 only if it is the last pump on earth.
    Current: 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 2017 Mustang GT manual Race Red with mods now making 370kw
    10 Previous VWs and some others ...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    6,087
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Actually it is not, I have it direct from VW, that you should only use 98. 95 if nothing else is around and 91 only if it is the last pump on earth.
    Well they are giving conflicting messages then as I got this from them about the E10 debacle It also has 95 on my fuel cap

    Quote
    Volkswagen only recommend the use of 98 or 95 as minimum. We do not recommend any other type of fuel to be used, including E10.

    If you have any further questions, please feel free to send me an email or contact our Volkswagen Customer Experience team on 1800 607 822.
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR590-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,278
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Well they are giving conflicting messages then as I got this from them about the E10 debacle It also has 95 on my fuel cap

    Quote
    Volkswagen only recommend the use of 98 or 95 as minimum. We do not recommend any other type of fuel to be used, including E10.

    If you have any further questions, please feel free to send me an email or contact our Volkswagen Customer Experience team on 1800 607 822.
    It actually says a similar thing .... Volkswagen only recommend the use of 98 or 95 as minimum

    This says use 98 and if you can't, at least use 95 as a minimum ....

    my correspondence with them was a bit clearer tbh, but the basics are still there.
    Current: 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 2017 Mustang GT manual Race Red with mods now making 370kw
    10 Previous VWs and some others ...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Well they are giving conflicting messages then as I got this from them .

    If they recommend 95 as minimum then 95 is just fine, then again with my luck the engine will explode next week and none of this will matter. I just spent half the price of the car getting the transmission fixed and I only bought it this month

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
| |