Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel type is it 95 or 98?

Users Country Flag

Fuel type is it 95 or 98?

Hi,

I have a 2010 MY11 EOS 155TSI
    I am seeing conflicting evidence of which fuel type to use, which is correct

Users Country Flag
    95 is the minimum you should use. Better idea is to use the best quality fuel available where possible which is 98ron.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Usually has it on inside of fuel cover.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    I wouldnt advise anything but 98 on a regular basis, 95 if the world is ending and nothing else is available.

Users Country Flag
    95 is enough and 98 doesnt give any value for money as I cant tell any difference in performance between the two.

Its 91 that you only use if the other is not available and only get a minimum amount and fill with proper stuff ASAP

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Usually has it on inside of fuel cover.
    Yeah that's one of the places it says 95, says 98 in the handbook

95 or 98, is not an indication of fuel quality

Users Country Flag
    95 is enough and 98 doesnt give any value for money as I cant tell any difference in performance between the two.

Its 91 that you only use if the other is not available and only get a minimum amount and fill with proper stuff ASAP
    Actually it is not, I have it direct from VW, that you should only use 98. 95 if nothing else is around and 91 only if it is the last pump on earth.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Actually it is not, I have it direct from VW, that you should only use 98. 95 if nothing else is around and 91 only if it is the last pump on earth.
    Well they are giving conflicting messages then as I got this from them about the E10 debacle It also has 95 on my fuel cap

Volkswagen only recommend the use of 98 or 95 as minimum. We do not recommend any other type of fuel to be used, including E10.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to send me an email or contact our Volkswagen Customer Experience team on 1800 607 822.

Users Country Flag
    Well they are giving conflicting messages then as I got this from them about the E10 debacle It also has 95 on my fuel cap

Volkswagen only recommend the use of 98 or 95 as minimum. We do not recommend any other type of fuel to be used, including E10.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to send me an email or contact our Volkswagen Customer Experience team on 1800 607 822.
    It actually says a similar thing .... Volkswagen only recommend the use of 98 or 95 as minimum

This says use 98 and if you can't, at least use 95 as a minimum ....

my correspondence with them was a bit clearer tbh, but the basics are still there.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Well they are giving conflicting messages then as I got this from them .

If they recommend 95 as minimum then 95 is just fine, then again with my luck the engine will explode next week and none of this will matter. I just spent half the price of the car getting the transmission fixed and I only bought it this month

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast