Thread: Finally - Ordered Today

Finally - Ordered Today

Hi all,

Thought I'd share the good news: After much consideration, and a "stop-gap" purchase of a Colt Convertible (the turbo - nice car, but just that bit too small) I finally bit the bullet today and ordered the following:

Candy White, TDI Manual, Titanium Black leather, 18" Chicago (incl. lowered suspension). Of course it'll be MY09, and built 09.

Assembly of new cars won't start until calendar week 3 (factories closed due to GFC), and we're given a window for ETA from early April to late May. No problem, since we still have the Colt.

If the Passat I've had for just about one year now is any indication this will be yet another most enjoyable drive.

Will keep you updated on the progress.

Seeya,
    Michael
    MY08 125 kW TDI Wagon
    PE Black, Sunroof, iPod
    MY09 CR TDI Eos 6-speed manual
    Candy White, black leather, Sports suspension with 18" Chicagos

Users Country Flag
    Well done! I'm looking forward to some pics as I haven't seen one in white yet.

Maris

Hi,

We are looking into the new EOS but the dealers down here in Vic are useless
    and each time i visit i leave angry..

Can you tell me if the my09 EOS has the MDI (multimedia interface) for the radio? So you can plug ipod/USB key/USb drive in and play mp3 off them

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4007010

seen in pic 5 here..

I saw a newer one in the year and it did not have this..

I know the US spec my09 has it but none of the Sales people can tell me..

Also they me off when i asked about questions about the Bluetooth module. I want the premium one where i can dial through the RNS510 but
    they had no idea i think they were pushing the crappy parrot one.

Also how did you go with haggling? Did you manage to get a bit off or are
    you paying close to RRP..

I guess with the current financial crisis im in no rush now..
    Last edited by WEDEL.1; 23-01-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Hi whoistheg,

Lots of questions.

1) MDI. Honestly don't know. Standard is the AUX In plug (basically to connect any MP3 player via the headphone out). Alternatively there's the iPod connector which uses the dock connection. I have that in the Passat - great sound quality and charging but the interface is poor: no track information (except time), and limited to 6 playlists. I hear that the RCD510 (RNS510 is the sat nav version) in the MY09 models is much better, pretty much mirroring what's on the iPod but I haven't seen it yet.

2) Didn't inquire at all about Bluetooth. I have one of those units that can be attached to the sun visor, and I'm happy with that.

3) Price. Hmmm. I'm reasonably happy. We have a little Colt Convertible (the Turbo version, total blast to drive) that is just that little bit too small (or maybe the kids grew up faster than expected !). The EOS will be the "replacement". There was no pressure to buy, and initially I walked away. Checked other dealers who either didn't seem interested, or not as competitive. Went back and managed to get a little bit more off. Biggest chunk is the corporate discount though, however it seems that there's also a repeat customer component (bought my Passat there, too).
    Have to say though, discounting was nowhere near what was offered by other brands.

Hope this helps. Happy to answer more questions if you have any.

Seeya,
    Michael
    MY08 125 kW TDI Wagon
    PE Black, Sunroof, iPod

Hi,

Finally got around to take some pics of the car. You'll find them here:

http://gallery.me.com/drbass#100012

Very happy with the car so far, and most certainly with the choice of colour!

Seeya,
    Michael
    Last edited by drbass; 30-07-2009 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Wrong URL
    MY08 125 kW TDI Wagon
    PE Black, Sunroof, iPod

Users Country Flag

Looks good.

I think it would look ace with some blakfire on the tyres, anodise black the chrome front and some gunmetal RS4 reps.