Support VWWC

Thread: ABS module woes

ABS module woes

Hi,
    new up here and need help. I take full responsibility for my actions arising from advice.

I have a 2008 EOS. It had a malfunctioning ABS unit - flashing lights, beeps, errors wouldn't reset etc. A new part is somewhere around $2600 - $3000. I purchased a second hand unit ensuring that the part numbers were the same. The unit looks in good nick and was stated to be working. My non dealer mechanic couldn't get the code to stick - was cleared after the key was turned off. They were using VCDS software.

I took it to the local dealer - who have a poor reputation - and they said the unit was under recall - ie the original broken one - and they couldn't replace it without the old part. The old part is at the dump somewhere.

The dealer said they couldn't recode it perhaps the module is faulty.

I know that coding is problematic and there are some tricks and work-arounds with coding these things - adding zeros to long code, driving it before turning it off etc.

Not sure what to do next. Any advice or suggestions gratefully received

Cheers Paul

Users Country Flag
    This may be of some help: ABS Hydraulic pump replacement Advice!!

Someone like VCDS Coding & Diagnostics Sydney may be able to get it working for you. Might be worth giving them a call: VCDS Coding and Diagnostics Sydney - Home | Facebook
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

thanks

Thanks Lucas. I will keep that in mind. We are in Canberra which would make visiting them painful but doable.Cheers Paul