Thread: What VCDS Mods can be made on a Touareg? Any at all?

What VCDS Mods can be made on a Touareg? Any at all?

As per title, What VCDS Mods can be made on a Touareg?
    Any at all?

Mate just bought one that's all.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Thanks Mate, Ill find out.
    He is in New Castle (Im Brisbane) so Ill send down my Cable (once I buy one).
    Any of that list is a 'Must do'

Thanks again!
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Mates one is a 2015, anything he can do with that?
    Apart from try the old codes and see if they work

Cheers again
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Any way of making the Throttle response better with VCDS?
    2015 Touareg TDI

Cheers
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Users Country Flag
    Hi HPRS230, Just bought a 2015, have you tried any of the mods listed above or found any worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Love_Hate View Post
    Hi HPRS230, Just bought a 2015, have you tried any of the mods listed above or found any worth trying.
    I don't have access to the car, Its a mate in Newcastle so haven't done anything as yet.
    Without pluging in and having a look, Im unsure I what can be done. Doesn't seem to be much info on the later model cars.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Users Country Flag
    thread has been going for 18 months with no real resolution.

Have you asked here: Australia & New Zealand - Club Touareg Forums

Apologies to forum Gods for referencing another forum, but after 18 months, the OP surely has a right to some assistance.
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Users Country Flag
    Best mod (if you have standard audio and not dyn audio) is to remove the factory filtering that makes good audio sound terrible. Once done why anyone would pay the money for Dynaudio I do not know (so I answer the question as to why the filters are in place). Seriously good mod to do. Downside - too much bass and volume is higher - so turn down the bass and go easy on the volume control ok. But bass on my 2013 is seriously good when this mod is done. Later models may have cheaper speakers fitted based on reading (smaller magnets).

Enable Dynaudio EQ profile

It activates the dynaudio profile for non dynaudio sound systems. From what I can tell it changes the eq settings and increases the lower frequencies without muffling the sound like it does when you increase the bass on the non dynaudio profile. You can actually feel some bass now.

1. Select the " 56 - Radio" unit.
    2. Enter the section " 07 - Encoding " and press " Long encoding "
    3. Byte 4 - replace the value 01 with the value 00
    4. Save and exit

Next is to have the auto start stop switch remember the last setting. i.e. if you turn it off then next time you start the Treg is remains off.

Disable start stop

Reference Start & Stop

VCDS Procedure

1. Select [ 09 - Cent. Elect. ]
    2. Select [ Security Access - 16 ] and enter the code ( 20113 )
    3. Select [ Adaptation - 10]
    4. Select "Channel 34"
    5. Enter the following new desired value :
    - Subtract "4" to the value of the channel : S / S systematically disabled each time the vehicle is starting(reverse to the original setting )
    - Add "32" to the value of the channel : Storing status Start / Stop (ON or OFF). The status of the S / S front engine cut is restored after restartAnd alone or in combination of the above settings:

On my TReg , the default channel 34 = 4
    I put the value 0 ( 4-4 ) : it works, the Start & Stop is disabled whenever you start with the lit orange indicator .

Enjoy

That's Gold Toiler.
    Used the add "32" to the existing value and now mine is remembering my previous setting into the next driving session. Just perfect. The reality being I will probably just leave it switched off most of the time, because I not can. Hooray.
    Have has a MY15 Toureg 150 since new and my biggest frustration with it has been the inability to disable the Start Stop. Early on, any VCDS tweaks to disable it could not be published in the VagCom forums, because it was thwarting a clean green environmental system. Oh the irony. So once Diesel gate occurred I guessed it would be only a matter of time before it was made known.

I also did your Dynaudio tweak, but cannot say I notice any difference to the audio.
    Last edited by logger; 26-06-2018 at 11:55 PM.
    Golf Mk6 118 TSI DSG |APR Stage I ECU Upgrade | HEX-USB+CAN