Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What tyres do/did you use on your Touareg?

Users Country Flag

What tyres do/did you use on your Touareg?

I had Pirelli Pzerro Rosso on from new they lasted only 32,500km I bought 5th wheel as a spare and rotated all 5 right from the start every 5,000km tyre pressure 44psi checked once a week. Car newer left the bitumen.

Now I decided to put on Michelin Latitude Diamaris 255/60/17

and was considering putting Bridgestone HP Sport ($335 from the Bridgestone tyre centre) the same size.

So, what rubbers do you have on the Touareg now and how do you find them?

Transporter,
    my Touareg came with the Michelins (Latitude Diamaris 255/60/17) and I was able to get about 55,000 kms out of them. Was so happy I purchased another set. I keep the pressures up to recommended maximum (36 PSI front and 45 PSI rears) and rotate 5-10,000 kms.

A mate at work runs the Pirelli's sports and at abound 15,000kms there are now signs of wear, lucky if he will make 20-25,000 kms.

Just of interest what did you end up paying for them?
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I paid $400 each at Bob Jane Marion, bought 4 of them and keep the best from the old ones as a spare. Your earlier post made me to go for them, otherwise I would get the Bridgestone HP Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    I paid $400 each at Bob Jane Marion, bought 4 of them and keep the best from the old ones as a spare. Your earlier post made me to go for them, otherwise I would get the Bridgestone HP Sport.
    That is not a bad price as I think I was $5 either side of that also. I found that Bob Jane was the only place to also get them, so there goes any chance of discounting.

Like you I have the best of the old ones as a spare which I just needed to put on today as a nail hitched a ride yesterday.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

I only got 22000 km out of my original Rossos (not driven hard). Replaced with Pirelli Scorpion 245/65/17s ($305 Bob Jane Penrith) and am very happy with performance and wear. Also tough enough for the rough stuff. I notice they are featured on Pat Callinan's 4WD show (www.mr4x4.com.au) . I wrote to Pat asking how he found them and got this reply:

"Our Patrol is running LT Scorpions and they went so well -we couldn't be happier. You may have noticed we also had a Navara with us. We picked up the tyres for the Navara in Kalgoorlie just 2 days before we left to start the Canning. By mistake we were sent tyres that weren't light truck and we were really worried about how they would go. You will be pleased to know that they didn't miss a beat and covered the Canning towing a camper trailer and loaded to the max with filming gear. They then went on to complete the rest of our filming schedule through the Red Centre back to the East Coast and down to Tassie. I am looking at them now out the window as I type this note to you and they are still in good shape. Pat went to speak to the Pirelli sales staff about a month ago and was tempted to take one of the tyres in off teh Patrol just to show the guys that they have a really good product to sell."

I was reassured by this as mine are not LT tyres and we do intend to do outback camping trips. Cheers.Geoff
    T Rex
    2008 T2 V6 TDI Atacama/Anthracite, Air Susp, Bi Xenons, Sunroof, Fogs, Roof Rails, Tow pack, full size spare inside car

Hi Trex,
    what about the noise from the tyres? Are the Scorpions (ATR?) noisier than Pirellis you had? The Michelins are superb quiet.
    Last edited by Transporter; 26-02-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Hi Trex,
    what about the noise from the tyres? Are the Scorpions (ATR?) noisier than Pirellis you had? The Michelins are superb quiet.
    They are just as quiet on most surfaces. Sometimes on very smooth surfaces you can hear them when braking. They certainly don't intrude on the excellent quietness of the Treg. In the wet they are soooo much better - actually instill confidence! Cheers. Geoff
    T Rex
    2008 T2 V6 TDI Atacama/Anthracite, Air Susp, Bi Xenons, Sunroof, Fogs, Roof Rails, Tow pack, full size spare inside car

Users Country Flag

How many Km's

Hi Transporter,

how many KM's have you got from your Michelins?

Yenno

Quote Originally Posted by Yenno View Post
    Hi Transporter,

how many KM's have you got from your Michelins?

Yenno
    Done know 18,000km and they're noisy tyres despite that they were rotated and kept inflated to correct pressure, also they're 70% worn out, mainly city driving and no off road. I will definitely don't buy them again.

Users Country Flag

Hi! having had P Zeros and Bridgestones I have just put on Pirelli ATRs XL in 245/65/17(M+S)( as they fit within the Victorian transport Regs of +15mm.)...these ones are the Extra load tyres(heavier duty)....very quiet and far more robust than the normal road tyres...seem to be a great compromise for road and offroad....Rgds Ming

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast