Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What tyres do/did you use on your Touareg?

Users Country Flag

Most recently got 3 tyres replaced on Toureag, 2 due to being bald, and one due to two nails in a side wall. Got the 4x2 Continentals from Tempe Tyres at $210 each fitted and balanced and aligned for the 17" rim on my 150Tdi 7p.. I also use AGR Tyres as well to acquire tyres - I shop around for price. Run on 44psi all round. Will see how they go. THE OEM Bridgestone wore out too quick, but could be related to dealer not rotating in servicing unless requested.

Users Country Flag
    19" Conti 4x4 Sport Contact. $1537 for four, disposal, fitting, balancing and four wheel thrust alignment.

Users Country Flag
    Sorry if this is too late to influence you, I only just saw your post. I have a 2014 R-Line that I fitted 20 inch VW wheels to about 400 kms from new. I did not want to trust the Dunlop 21 inch tyres. Anyway, the tyres were and still are Cooper Discoverer H/T and they have been on for 42,000 kms now and they don't look like wearing out any time soon. Cost me about $375 each I think.

Just an update,

Now SA allows the new rules, I have fitted Cooper AT3's LT265/65/17 to the Treg. Fit no problem and don't rub anywhere. And they are legal now. Really good LT tyre, good off road and low road noise.......used them before on other 4WD's I've had.....

Gus
    Last edited by biggus; 06-02-2017 at 09:29 PM.
    2009 V6 TDI....Marvellous....

Users Country Flag
    Hi all , I've just got myself a second hand 2003 touareg at a good price the only thing was the tyres were bald and rims are badly scratched so my question is will any vw rim fit on the touareg like off a new Amarok or similar because lots of second hand rims for sale on gum tree??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    So after 60,000km the OE Goodyears are done.

Have replaced them with...... the same.

Gone: 2009 MkV GTI DSG United Grey; 2005 MkV Comfortline

Current Rides: 2020 Mk7.5 GTI Performance ; 2013 MY14 V6 Touareg 180TDI

Users Country Flag
    im running the Yokohama GeolandarAT-G015 265/65R17 112H on my 05 R5, wife has the same profile but in the the HT on hers.

great tyres so far, randomly the wife's copped an allen key right through the inner tread a week after we fitted them, not blaming the tyres just bad luck. too it to the tyre shop and they plugged it for $30.

also on both cars the speedo is spot on now, checked with GPS

Users Country Flag
    When I bought my R5 second hand it had Goodyear Efficient Grips.
    I went of Goodyears 20 years ago and wouldn't have chosen these tyres.

Went I got them they had "some" tread, not new, not close to being replaced. Then almost immediately I hacked out a sidewall.
    That's when I found out about the spare and the fact that you need to carry a compressor with you. The wheelbrace wasn't budging the lugbolts anyway.
    I got it toweed to the nearest Jax and bought some sort of Nexen thinking it would be done about the same time as the Goodyears.
    20k km later the Goodyears are still quite legal and the Nexen is toast.

Meanwhile the Goodyears are properly quiet, handle well enough for me and are good in the wet.

I've got some 20 inch wheels that will go on and I reckon the Efficient Grips will get another run.

Users Country Flag

I just put Nitto Terra Grapplers on my rig mate. It really depends on whether you want all terrains or just road tyres. Nitto have a special on at the moment of buy 3 and get one free. Not sure whether that is just for terra grapplers or whether it is all nitto tyres.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast