Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What tyres do/did you use on your Touareg?

Trex. Did you think about going to 265/65. That's the size tyre I'd look at next. could you let me know the price of the 245's.

Neil
    '11 Polo TDi auto, White, Sunroof
    '91 Transporter syncro camper

Quote Originally Posted by njg02 View Post
    Trex. Did you think about going to 265/65. That's the size tyre I'd look at next. could you let me know the price of the 245's.

Neil
    $345 each at Bob Jane. Yes, I was tempted by the 265/65/17 however that is beyond what is allowed in NSW (in terms of size over original) so I decided against it (didn't want to risk any insurance issues). Certainly not undertyred with the 245s. Cheers.
    T Rex
    2008 T2 V6 TDI Atacama/Anthracite, Air Susp, Bi Xenons, Sunroof, Fogs, Roof Rails, Tow pack, full size spare inside car

Bought some Cooper at3's yesterday. Bit of extra sidewall and width at 265/65/17. Look good too. $230 each balanced and fitted.

Users Country Flag
    Bought some Cooper at3's yesterday. Bit of extra sidewall and width at 265/65/17. Look good too. $230 each balanced and fitted.
    I am also looking at ATR tyres but baulking at Cooper AT3 cos the 265/65/17s would seem to be a little too over-size (rolling diameter is 776mm vs standard 737mm). Do yours rub at all? Any chance of posting some images?
    Regards,

---------------------
    Golf 103TDI MY09, Touareg 180TDI 4XMotion MY12

Unkey, mine's a T1 2005 2.5 TDi. I have clearance with these tyres. There's probably 10mm at the front left intercooler which is plenty. Have a look at the clubtoureg website to see what others are running on the later models.
    If I get a chance tomorrow I'll get some pics.
    Neil

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    That's a very good price. I didn't check that size but the best I could get vere Cooper H/T for $300 each or $330 for ATR both at 235/65/17

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    At the moment, and I don't have much time left, the current tyres are wearing out and are on the last 1mm, the Cooper Tires are the best solution for me. Cooper Tires - Tyres

This is the pass side and the tyre is close to the intercooler grill, but not touching. I was after some AT tyres and I reckon these fit the bill.

Check all of the tyre guys in your area for a price. The guy I bought mine from said that there is more than one importer. I bought these without the warranty but reckon they'll last just the same.
    Last edited by njg02; 14-09-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Neil for images. AT3s look good, and I am tempted to go with the same (when I take delivery of MY12 treg in Jan/Feb). Would be nice if you were to post your handling/ride observations in due course.
    Regards,

---------------------
    Golf 103TDI MY09, Touareg 180TDI 4XMotion MY12

Users Country Flag

I was lucky to get 35k out of the original Wranglers, and fitted Bridgestone Duellers A/t's 245 55 17's for an outback trip towing a 3+mt caravan, have done 17k km over some very rough tracks ie Duncans Rd out from Kunnanurra to Halls Creek and The Oodnadatta track without much wear eventhough the caravans crap tyres "Sava RV" were chopped about after only 30k km. Speedo reading similar to before with a 4kph error on the up side. Very happy to date, noise not an issue and seems to handle ok in the wet.
    Had 4wheel align done in Port Lincoln and operator said he had set the suspension up for longer tyre life rather than sportscar handling, Im happy with that. Saw a snazzy Treg with nudge bar their.
    Touareg V6TDi,2008 Silver Leaf, Anthracite, Spare wheel carrier,Air suspension,Factory Tow, Sunroof. 2005 T5 Transporter 4Motion black twincab, grey vinyl roof.Best looking Ive seen.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast