Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What tyres do/did you use on your Touareg?

Quote Originally Posted by ming View Post
    Hi! having had P Zeros and Bridgestones I have just put on Pirelli ATRs XL in 245/65/17(M+S)( as they fit within the Victorian transport Regs of +15mm.)...these ones are the Extra load tyres(heavier duty)....very quiet and far more robust than the normal road tyres...seem to be a great compromise for road and offroad....Rgds Ming
    As posted last year, I only got 22000 km out of my original Rossos (not driven hard). I replaced with Pirelli Scorpion ATRs 245/65/17s and have now done just over 50,000. Tyres less than half worn. Very happy with them also. Mine are "T", not "XL" - does anyone know the difference? Cheers. Geoff
    T Rex
    2008 T2 V6 TDI Atacama/Anthracite, Air Susp, Bi Xenons, Sunroof, Fogs, Roof Rails, Tow pack, full size spare inside car

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by T Rex View Post
    As posted last year, I only got 22000 km out of my original Rossos (not driven hard). I replaced with Pirelli Scorpion ATRs 245/65/17s and have now done just over 50,000. Tyres less than half worn. Very happy with them also. Mine are "T", not "XL" - does anyone know the difference? Cheers. Geoff
    Are your Pirellis with the "T" noisier than the original tyres were? This Michelins that we have are real shocker for the noise, I won't buy them again, that's for sure. I'll get the new tyres as soon as she comes back from the trip.
    Last edited by Transporter; 05-04-2011 at 06:26 PM.

can someone post a pic on the Pirelli scorpions (ie to show tread etc) I am wondering if they come in sizes suitable for the Tig. we are 6-12 months wear away from a new set, but when done want a slightly more off road capable tyre, sounds like the Pirelli scoprios could be a good choice if they come in Tig sizes
    Tiguan TSI Catalina blue, Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Are your Pirellis with the "T" noisier than the original tyres were? This Michelins that we have are real shocker for the noise, I won't buy them again, that's for sure. I'll get the new tyres as soon as she comes back from the trip.
    On smooth roads there is a slight tyre noise compared to the original but definitely not intrusive. On coarse chip/gravel no different ot original. Much better in the wet.
    Last edited by Transporter; 05-04-2011 at 06:25 PM.
    T Rex
    2008 T2 V6 TDI Atacama/Anthracite, Air Susp, Bi Xenons, Sunroof, Fogs, Roof Rails, Tow pack, full size spare inside car

Quote Originally Posted by jimbomort View Post
    can someone post a pic on the Pirelli scorpions (ie to show tread etc) I am wondering if they come in sizes suitable for the Tig. we are 6-12 months wear away from a new set, but when done want a slightly more off road capable tyre, sounds like the Pirelli scoprios could be a good choice if they come in Tig sizes
    Hi. I suggest you check out the Pirelli website. Pics plus all available sizes. Cheers.
    T Rex

Well, after 35,000km I will be replacing the Michelins (Latitude Diamaris 255/60/17) soon. I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't last longer, since the car is driven in the city only and I rotated tyres every 5k km. Michelin must have changed the make up of the tyre.

The hunt for longer lasting and quiet tyres is on again.

Hi Transporter. Update on my Pirelli ATRs. Have done over 40,000km and estimate at least another 10-20k left. Mix of urban and rural driving and sometimes towing with heavy load on board. Very happy - would buy them again. Cheers. Geoff
    T Rex

Thanks for that mate. I will have a look at them.

What size did you get?
    Is it this one? http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/au/en/su...rpion_atr.html
    Last edited by Transporter; 07-09-2011 at 03:36 PM.

Hi. Yes, thats the one. 245/65/17 - slightly bigger diameter than original 255/60/17. Looks right on the car. Cheers. Geoff
    T Rex

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Well, after 35,000km I will be replacing the Michelins (Latitude Diamaris 255/60/17) soon. I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't last longer, since the car is driven in the city only and I rotated tyres every 5k km. Michelin must have changed the make up of the tyre.
    Agree with this comment, I had a set initally fitted from factory and they were great, purchased a 2nd set and about the 20,000km mark the road noise was very quite loud. Same driving conditions and rotations and I estimate about 10-15,000km less wear out of them.

Now running 18's with Bridgestone Dueler H/P on the new vehicle, can't comment yet on how these are going until I get some km's up.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast